The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Dave Neighbors Coin Lecture video from Spokane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
BanzaiMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1339 Posts

Profile of BanzaiMagic
I know this was a long time ago, but I remember a Coin lecture that Dave Neighbors was going to do in Spokane that I really wanted to go to. It would have been a long trek for me coming all the way across the country, but I considered going. Then the organizer indicated that it was going to be filmed!

Quote:
On Apr 12, 2012, Atom3339 wrote:
Spent yesterday setting up everything for video taping. We'll have two cameras running at all times. The lighting and angles are superb. David's flying in Friday. Then we'll "hit it" running 11AM Saturday. You'll see superb magic and get great teaching from a genuinely cool guy!

So I consoled myself that I could buy the video and although it would have been nice to learn in person, that would have to be good enough.

Well, I was texting with Dave the other day and I asked him if he remembered the great Spokane workshop and the video that was going to be produced. He said it never got produced to his knowledge.

Is there any chance this video will ever be available? This seems like some pretty historic stuff that I, for one, really wish I could own. I doubt I am the only one in the magic community who would really, really like to see (and pay for) a video of Dave Neighbors teaching coin magic (and other stuff, but really - the coin magic!).

This was the listing of the effects Dave prepared for the lecture that I received from Tom Hall:

LECTURE CONTENTS (may change at last minute):
  • NAME TAG OPENER – Approaching a group, you start your introduction but realize you are
    not wearing your name tag. A wave or your hand and it appears. A cool opener for tables and
    walk-around performing.

• BUBBLE GUM EMBARASSMENT – a time travelling bubble gum routine

• THE POCKET COINS – A Portable Hole kind of routine but standing up, with a Jeans Pocket!

• FROM THE ADDICT – An ungaffed Ball and Vase handling with a solid cup ending!

• EASY OVER ACES – A very easy handling of Roll-Over Aces

• CHINA COIN – A Copper-Silver-Brass handling where all THREE coins change at the end.
    And, you end clean!

• BALL AND JACK TRANSPO – A ball and a jack keep changing places. It ends with the
    rubber ball changing to a steel ball and the jack changing to a rubber jack!

• LAZY CANNIBALS – Four coins vanish, one at a time. They then all reappear back in the coin
    purse. It’s a very easy handling just using only the Finger Palm.

• NO PALM FOUR COINS ACROSS (not in print) – very easy handling using just Finger Palm

• FOUR CARD BACKFIRE REVERSE – A four-card backfire Matrix. Three coins join up
    with the other one. Then all FOUR coins jump back to their starting corners.

• Plus three more effects!

And, if I recall, Dave did a bunch of extra stuff on Todd's elite coin sets such as the then just released China-Bit.

The lecture was apparently really good:
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2012, Atom3339 wrote:
Thanks, David, for doing such a great job. It was an honour.

Man, that is a loss if the video just disappeared.