The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Wanted - amazing effects based on a Stacked Deck (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1203 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2022, SamChak wrote:

Hi Nikodemus, could you provide an example or list some characteristics of a MIND-BLOWING effect that you are looking for?

This will enable fellow magicians to suggest potential STACK-DEPENDENT effects that match your description or preferences.

Hi Sam,
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what I was asking for! I started the thread because somewhere I read the suggestion that if you were to create your own stack (to memorise, a good idea would be to start by building in a really good stack-dependent effect. (Obviously there are lots of great stack-INdependent effects - but that misses the point).

So I guess it would need to be something that looks utterly impossible (whatever that means!) If I could do a Faro, I would be pretty happy with doing a couple of shuffles to put the deck in NDO.
But I can't Faro. So that suggests something that is "sleight light" if not actually self-working.

I would also say something NOT like Sam The Bellhop. I don't think that is really magical - and it is obviously a stack.

The funny thing is, I'm sure there are lots of great effects out there that start with a particular setup.
Kassim
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of Kassim
You cant go wrong with asi winds accan Smile
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2201 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2022, Harry Lorayne wrote:
How about amazing effects with a borrowed deck?
Have I wasted my time putting so many of those in books?

You haven't wasted your time. But you are wasting your time posting in a thread that's specifically asking about tricks with a stacked deck, Harry. Smile

Try "The workers" sub-forum, which includes more discussion on card magic with borrowed decks.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Inner circle
1203 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Quote:
On May 9, 2022, pnerd wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2020, Nikodemus wrote:
ALSO I figured out a very quick way to get into Bannon Triumph.

I'm interested to know what your quick way is.

The stack I currently used is Martin Joyal's 6 Hour Memorised Deck, with a couple of minor changes I made to suit myself. He designed his stack to be easy to learn, rather than with built-in effects.

I just looked at my stack to see which of the suits had most cards in order. (I took into account that it might be helpful to cut the deck first.) Then I figured out a process whereby I could cull the cards, and would only need to make a couple more adjustments.

If I was designing a stack from scratch I would probably design in the ability to do the above more easily.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
How about the stack for Dead Reckoning by Bannon? There's lots of leeway how you set it up, so it might be interesting to build your own version that incorporates other features. You even suggested a different set up from Bannon in another thread that was very clever. Maybe it could be the basis for a memdeck with other features.