The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Putting someone back under hypnosis (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
okiya
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of okiya
I've heard that after hypnotizing someone once, it is easier to put them back into a hypnotic state another time. Is this true? If so, why is this the case ?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21288 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is true. As for why it is true, it is true because you tell them it is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
okiya
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of okiya
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, Dannydoyle wrote:
It is true. As for why it is true, it is true because you tell them it is.

Do you mean that you set up some sort of trigger that you can use when you want to put them back under hypnosis?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21288 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
No, though that can work.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
okiya
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of okiya
Quote:

Then what do you mean ? (I'm new to hypnosis)
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Take the time to learn hypnosis properly in sequential order and you will find the answer. An answer out of proper context won't likely be helpful. It is simply a step in the process.
okiya
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of okiya
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, Mindpro wrote:
Take the time to learn hypnosis properly in sequential order and you will find the answer. An answer out of proper context won't likely be helpful. It is simply a step in the process.

Thank you for responding. Are there any books you'd recommend? (I have Reality is Plastic)
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
No, not at all. I am not a fan of books for learning hypnosis or Reality Is Plastic. Too much fake, pretend, or pseudo hypnosis in much of what is available today, especially through magic channels.

Also learning stage hypnosis is different than clinical hypnosis or hypnotherapy. Live training or coaching is what I always recommend.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21288 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 4, 2020, okiya wrote:
Quote:

Thank you for responding. Are there any books you'd recommend? (I have Reality is Plastic)

Yea I admire your looking to find answers but Mindpro is right. You need to learn from the start, not from patchwork responses put together

The reason is that your questions will occur to you sort of out of order. This means that you won't have the proper foundation with which to understand the answers and it becomes much more confusing.

The problem with the huge percentage of books I have seen in recent years is simply that they do not go at it as a teaching tool from start to finish. Rather it is patchwork as it occurs to the author. This does not make for a good foundational base for which to learn from.

I do not know of a comprehensive book to recommend.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21288 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

Then what do you mean ? (I'm new to hypnosis)

I will tell you this and hopefully it starts you on your journey. "Reality" in the course of the show (And mind you we are talking about entertainment stage hypnosis here.) is what YOU TELL THEM it is. It is that simple, and that complicated all at the same time.

If you tell them that people who have been hypnotized before are really easy to put back under and give them some plausible explanation why then it works like a charm. (I do this at times.) You don't have to give them trigger words, you don't have to do anything but define the reality, and then follow through on it.

99% or more of your audience has NO CLUE about hypnosis. You are "educating" them about the process and the night. SO you can "educate" them however you like! Your process is defined by you. Said with confidence ANYTHING can be possible almost.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
okiya
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of okiya
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea I admire your looking to find answers but Mindpro is right. You need to learn from the start, not from patchwork responses put together

The reason is that your questions will occur to you sort of out of order. This means that you won't have the proper foundation with which to understand the answers and it becomes much more confusing.

The problem with the huge percentage of books I have seen in recent years is simply that they do not go at it as a teaching tool from start to finish. Rather it is patchwork as it occurs to the author. This does not make for a good foundational base for which to learn from.

I do not know of a comprehensive book to recommend.

Thank you for your insight !
I'll read through some books to get a better grasp of the fundamentals
bluejay17!
View Profile
Regular user
DC
120 Posts

Profile of bluejay17!
Honestly, the way I learned is from the book "The Hypnotist and the Magician" by Christopher Harris. Once you read it, its all just practice.
michaelpenkul
View Profile
New user
Toronto Canada
93 Posts

Profile of michaelpenkul
Just to add on to the great explanations above - when you introduce yourself as a hypnotist, they have an expectation of you and your skill, which is why even as a beginner hypnotist, you need to come across as a professional in your confidence and sureness, in order for participants to actually believe what you're saying. This works even better after you've already hypnotised them once - they're now aware of your ability to bring them to that state, and they're familiar with how to reach that state, and so in the future when you hypnotise them again, they will be much more susceptable to it.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1745 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Ericksonian hypnotherapists know this as the "previous trance" induction. It is generally much easier to hypnotise a person for the second time, and you can do it by asking them to remember their previous experience. It's also built into Dave Elman's induction, which you can find both in his book (for hypnotherapists only) and in the McGill New Encyclopedia, under the title "The Relaxation Method".

Barry
candlestick
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of candlestick
I would have thought the answer to this question was relatively easy. Obvious even. They already have had some practice going into hypnosis! Everything gets easier with practice, doesn't it? There. I worked that out all by myself....................