The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Harold Taylor's Rope routine. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Someone messaged me about Harold Taylor's rope routine a while ago as I saw him perform and explain it at a lecture back in the late 70's/early 80's. I was asked details about it and while I recalled most I wasn't;'t sure of some.

While helping on the book review data base for The Magic Circle's library I came across a book review for; Another Close Up Cavalcade, by Jerry Mentzer. The book review states:

"... there is a full write-up of our own Harold Taylor's routine, a multi-restoration routine which has been well tried. Needless to say it is strongly recommended."

So anyone looking for the routine this presumably is where you'll be able to find it. Smile
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Magic Methods is the Jerry Mentzer website, he has passed away several years ago, but the website is active with the new owner.

www.magicmethods.com
Dr Dee
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Dr Dee
Good old Harold Taylor. His rope routine (one of his original ‘three’ tricks) can also be found in his book/anthology The Harold Taylor Story: Magic as Entertainment - ‘The Angle of a Pro’, p.235-237. He states that it’s not his rope routine ‘as such, it’s a bit of DANTE, EDWARD VICTOR, AND EDWARD PROUDLOCK, all jumbled together…’ (sic).

The hybrid title reflects that this is a collection of his lecture notes, Magigram articles, memories. Bit of a treasure trove.

Plenty of inspiration to be found in this kindly collation. Definitely one for the ‘5 foot bookshelf’.
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
Sealegs, et al,
I was the one who asked, and I appreciate the references.
Regards,
Barry Moran
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Happy to pass on the info Micha-el and thanks to the others whop added to this thread.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Does anyone know if Harold Taylor's Rope routines are on a DVD, magicwalsh@gmail.com