The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Bone Conduction Systems (inception or Thought Whisper) (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1428 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Nov 17, 2020, JesterAndrus wrote:
@JamieD Do you have to keep the volume low with the Promystic as well? I have not been able to decipher which statement luis confirmed.

If you're in a very quiet environment keep the volume low, if you're in a very loud environment turn the volume up.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1803 Posts

Profile of JamieD
So in my experience, it comes down to two things, obviously the ambient noise but also how well they plug their ears. If they are in a loud environment and do not plug their ears well, they will find it hard to hear it. However, if they are in a noisy environment and they plug their ears well, you can have it set on low and they will hear it. Personally, I perform in noisy restaurants so I have it set fairly loud. One away from loudest. It seems to work perfectly in the environment.

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
JesterAndrus
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JesterAndrus
Thank you very much for sharing your experience!
optimisticfool
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of optimisticfool
Quote:
On Nov 18, 2020, JamieD wrote:
So in my experience, it comes down to two things, obviously the ambient noise but also how well they plug their ears. If they are in a loud environment and do not plug their ears well, they will find it hard to hear it. However, if they are in a noisy environment and they plug their ears well, you can have it set on low and they will hear it. Personally, I perform in noisy restaurants so I have it set fairly loud. One away from loudest. It seems to work perfectly in the environment.

Jamie Daws

Hi Jamie, I know I'm replying to an old post, but I'm curious, how do you feel about it a year or so later? is the Promystic device still worth the price tag?
mndude
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2020, Chrishue wrote:
I was going to purchase it until I realized what he was doing. I own Inception and Thumb tish (which can be another option for you).

Why would you buy Thumb tish or Inception if Duramobi Humbird is going for so cheap? They don't do the same thing?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18065 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Who is using the Humbird???? What are your thoughts?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Sreidy
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
140 Posts

Profile of Sreidy
Has anyone used the Mental Wave - bone conduction device? This seems reasonably priced and certainly small enough to palm. I haven't played with any of the BC yet even though they will certainly have a place in an act using Spectro touch.

Any additional thoughts on the above will be great a this is an old thread.
a.single.V
View Profile
New user
Hanoi Vietnam
87 Posts

Profile of a.single.V
On this topic, I would love to know if anyone has used this one. The price is probably the lowest among the bone conduction devices on the magic market now.
https://vipermentalism.com/product/theta-project/
magicsiow1
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of magicsiow1
Someone advertised a new bone conduction called Mental Voice by Blackbox magic creation. anyone have it?

I still planning to have bone conduction called HEAR Device by Moustapha Berjaoui

https://illusionary.co/product/hear/
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
3268 Posts

Profile of 252life
Wow. I keep expecting to see these devices drop in price like most tech does, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Seems cool though. I'd love to experience it.
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
a.single.V
View Profile
New user
Hanoi Vietnam
87 Posts

Profile of a.single.V
This one is even only $150. Seems like the price is getting lower, but not sure about the quality.
https://www.nikhilsmagicshop.com/recommended%20/4130
dtrickys
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of dtrickys
This one from Mental Wave - bone conduction device
https://electricks.info/product/mental-wave/

397$
DoubleDutched
View Profile
New user
Amsterdam
76 Posts

Profile of DoubleDutched
Does anyone happen to know specifically what is necessary for the bone conduction to work? I see in the advertisement for the mental voice (a topic just got scrubbed I think) but either way the promo video seems to show him pointing his finger at the guy's head - I Thought the device might need to make contact, but maybe not?
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Quote:
On Nov 28, 2023, DoubleDutched wrote:
Does anyone happen to know specifically what is necessary for the bone conduction to work? I see in the advertisement for the mental voice (a topic just got scrubbed I think) but either way the promo video seems to show him pointing his finger at the guy's head - I Thought the device might need to make contact, but maybe not?

No it does need to make contact, he has the device in the other hand that touches the back of his head, just to the bottom of the skull. It's no secret because they have openly shared the user guide video.
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
Derdeutscherein
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
12 Posts

Profile of Derdeutscherein
I'm currently using the Dura Mobi bone conduction speaker, which I purchased online for $25.00. Interestingly, I've discovered that the device doesn't necessarily have to make direct contact with the participant's head. Even when tucked into a wristband around my wrist, the sound is loud enough for them to hear, depending on the volume settings.

https://www.amazon.com/duraMOBI-Humbird-Bone-Conduction-
Speaker/dp/B081XWX5FT/ref=asc_df_B081XWX5FT/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=658789019994&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8646447633162552518&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9030911&hvtargid=pla-1028869099418&psc=1&mcid=be5351fd915b3a96aaf7456929a1e50e