The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Wallet Review: What is the BEST peek wallet? I compare them! (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3788 Posts

Profile of takeachance
It looks like you'd have to be very careful of angles with the Nexus peek. On each of the reviews it was easy to see when they used the peek function.

Both reviews were very good and help people to make the right decision if it's something that would work for them, appreciated guys, thanks.

I think for the moment I'll definitely be staying with the Shadow. If I want to have CTW for Cerebral I'll either just load my pocket or use the SansMind hip pocket minimalist wallet as my back up.
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
125 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On May 22, 2021, takeachance wrote:
Being a avid enthusiast I mainly perform down the pub or for friends, family and the work environment. I started with SAW and will still use it.

Of late Shadow wallet has become my favorite wallet. I luv the effects that come with it.

My "lucky card" routine using the outs of the Shadow gets fantastic reactions.
But the bonus routine by Lewis Le'Val "memory box" (which was to justify putting the business card back into the wallet) was just outstanding.

I performed it for my teenage grand daughter and it got such a wonderful reaction, it was a priceless moment for me.

Not being a pro, getting top notch routines with a prop is such a bonus.

I'm awaiting to see if Nexus is a must buy. Mainly due to the card load. Another routine I have so much success with is James Brown's Cerebral Steal so the card load would be the bonus.

Whats the best, well that's very subjective. I would not be adverse to carrying 2 minimalist wallets. With the Shadow you get the peek getting another card out or not. Being my personal wallet with money in it, I find people far less likely to grab it if I just place it on the bar, or simple get the peek putting it back in my pocket if I think the crowd are rowdy. Not an unnatural thing to do with a wallet
:)

Of course Blink 2 is another wonderful release from a real pro. If you only want a peek, well it does that very very well

For me right now, Shadow and its routines are top. But I could end up carrying Nexus as well. We'll see after Craig's review.

Smile
Thanks for your thoughts it all helps Shadow is a very nice wallet like you say and I had the stealth assign wallet I should not have sold it. Nexus not for me for many reasons Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
125 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
Being a avid enthusiast I mainly perform down the pub or for friends, family and the work environment. I started with SAW and will still use it.

Of late Shadow wallet has become my favorite wallet. I luv the effects that come with it.

My "lucky card" routine using the outs of the Shadow gets fantastic reactions.
But the bonus routine by Lewis Le'Val "memory box" (which was to justify putting the business card back into the wallet) was just outstanding.

I performed it for my teenage grand daughter and it got such a wonderful reaction, it was a priceless moment for me.

Not being a pro, getting top notch routines with a prop is such a bonus.

I'm awaiting to see if Nexus is a must buy. Mainly due to the card load. Another routine I have so much success with is James Brown's Cerebral Steal so the card load would be the bonus.

Whats the best, well that's very subjective. I would not be adverse to carrying 2 minimalist wallets. With the Shadow you get the peek getting another card out or not. Being my personal wallet with money in it, I find people far less likely to grab it if I just place it on the bar, or simple get the peek putting it back in my pocket if I think the crowd are rowdy. Not an unnatural thing to do with a wallet
:)

Of course Blink 2 is another wonderful release from a real pro. If you only want a peek, well it does that very very well

For me right now, Shadow and its routines are top. But I could end up carrying Nexus as well. We'll see after Craig's review.

Nice Thoughts, will you now be buying the Nexus, or is the peak better on the shadow. If it was just the peek alone out of both wallets? Many thanks for your thoughts.
Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
David's review states that the Thought Transmitter Pro's peek is not very clear. For me, the TTP's peek is as clear as it gets. He said to watch his full review on the TTP where he does some modifications. I watched it, but saw no indication of how the peek was made more clear. He had some great suggestions re: replacing the accessories that come with TTP, though. Perhaps he meant something other than 'visually' clear. Or perhaps I missed it. But the peek on mine is crystal clear.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1443 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
OK, so I've now had the opportunity to properly work with my Shadow Wallet at gigs (remember those things before COVID) and must say that it totally rocks! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I'm using it as my everyday wallet too - slightly tweaked it but removing the index insert to allow me to easily fold up bank notes and put them in the main peek entry portion of the wallet. Having the folded notes also helps in inserting the business card with the written info too.
Magically,

Website - www.sgmagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2851 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Having bought (and sold) many wallets, the JOL Jaks remains my preferred peek wallet. Love the quality of the smooth, genuine leather, the ease of use, the fact that you can casually show both sides after getting the peek, just before putting it away. In my opinion, it really is the best peek wallet ever made.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
After these past few months of some amazing peek wallets and everything wallets. My all time champion winner is still the Shadow Wallet by Dee Christopher.

It’s very well made

It’s very slim and minimalistic

It has a 6 or 12 out index built in.

It is big enough to hold some extra magic tricks

It’s made out of genuine leather if you choose the real leather version.

The peek is absolutely perfect and very easy to get a full peek. If handled correctly it’s completely invisible to your spectator.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
224 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2021, simplymagicweb wrote:
OK, so I've now had the opportunity to properly work with my Shadow Wallet at gigs (remember those things before COVID) and must say that it totally rocks! I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I'm using it as my everyday wallet too - slightly tweaked it but removing the index insert to allow me to easily fold up bank notes and put them in the main peek entry portion of the wallet. Having the folded notes also helps in inserting the business card with the written info too.

It was great to read this. I have had my Shadow wallet for only a short time and am still working through practicing routines at my desk. I am looking forward to using it with spectators soon.

I was interested in your modification to the indexes. I can see how that would make inserting a business card easier, but I assume that means you don’t perform the card choice effect?

I would be keen to hear what you perform with the wallet, but would understand if you prefer to keep that to yourself.

Cheers!
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of stevie c
I'm using it as my everyday wallet too - slightly tweaked it but removing the index insert to allow me to easily fold up bank notes and put them in the main peek entry portion of the wallet. Having the folded notes also helps in inserting the business card with the written info too. [/quote]

The folded banknote tip is great!!! Thanks Sean Smile It works a treat and finally I'm grateful that we now have polymer notes here in the UK!!

Ps did you fully remove the index system Sean?

Best wishes

Steve
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2201 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
I'm awaiting to see if Nexus is a must buy.

I've just posted a detailed review of the Nexus Wallet elsewhere on The Magic Café here, which may help:

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=735603

dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Been using the Shadow Wallet as my EDC for a while now, but recently had a spectator make a jibe about "probably seeing what was written with my magic wallet" which slightly threw me. Eek. I stayed calm, joked, managed to convince them it wasn't possible and moved on successfully to something else.

But it did make me think: does the Shadow Wallet have an issue with providing a peek in the most psychologically obvious place (a window). Talking to the bloke (oldish, alpha japer - you know the type) afterwards and it became clear this is what had prompted the thought. He was used to old-fashioned wallets. This looked weird to him and therefore "magic-y"). Must say, it's put me off using it a little. Even if specs are saying such things, we can't be sure they aren't thinking them.