The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Clamp-on Style Cose-up Table (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
Does anyone still produce a clamp-on style close-up table? Something which can be used in restaurant work?

Thank you,

Jered
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Space is a premium in a restaurant and aisle space even more so. Using such a device really can create a lot of traffic flow issues.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3096 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Scott F. Guinn's Table Hopper's Friend. I used to own one and sold it a couple years ago.
I don't think he makes them anymore but a search might be fruitful. It was a metal bracket that you had to attach a small table to and was easily adaptable to most restaurant tables.

Like Danny said it can create problems in most venues. For me, the restaurants I work(ed) in are
fast paced and wasn't beneficial and I didn't bother. But given the right situation it makes for nice
professional looking performance area.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
I agree with both of your comments, with regard to space and traffic flow. That being said, the world's current situation has created physical distancing on an unprecedented level. With 50% occupancy requirements,for restaurants, I find the space adequate for all traffic, to flow. The table, while not providing any real assurance of safety, does (for some people) provide the illusion of safety. Restaurants, in my area, want to start bringing back strolling entertainment. I'm trying to offer the safest option I can. It's better If I don't have to physically touch the customer's table. Yes, I know plenty of magic that doesn't require a table. I'm just looking for options.

I remember Scott's table, but I haven't seen one in more than 10 years.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully, someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

Sincerely,

Jered
"The mind has exactly the same power as the hand, not merely to grasp the world, but to change it."
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3096 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Good points Jered. I didn't even think of that scenario.
I hope my restaurants feel the same way. Good luck on your search. I may be searching as well.
DJG
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of DJG
Jered,Five of Hearts in England does as well as Rick from House of Fire. The later is something I could see Art using, but think Five of Hearts might be what you are looking for?
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
EventEntertainer, what up? Thanks for the information. That is a nice looking table. For anyone else who's interested, here's the link: https://www.fiveofheartsmagic.com/hopper......fZYR6q9Y
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
3096 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On May 26, 2020, jcigam wrote:
EventEntertainer, what up? Thanks for the information. That is a nice looking table. For anyone else who's interested, here's the link: https://www.fiveofheartsmagic.com/hopper......fZYR6q9Y

It's about $145.00 shipped
jcigam
View Profile
Special user
Bellevue, Nebraska
512 Posts

Profile of jcigam
Quote:
On May 26, 2020, davidpaul$ wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2020, jcigam wrote:

It's about $145.00 shipped

David Paul, thanks for that. It is a little pricey. I'll probably resort to "no table" effects for the time being, but just trying to keep my options open.

Thanks again.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Just FYI, I do still own the rights to the THF but stopped making/selling it about 12 years ago. There just wasn’t enough of a demand for it to be profitable. I retain the rights but at this time there are no plans to re-release it.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
obsidian52
View Profile
Veteran user
United States
386 Posts

Profile of obsidian52
I saw something interesting on You tube the other day.....the magician had a close up mat in a wooden frame that stood about 2 inches above the table...It wa a beautiful piece...any ideas????
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9997 Posts

Profile of funsway
Being disabled, I have an advantage of using a walker with the top modified as a performing platform drawers, well, side pockets and a stool hanging on the side.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com