The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Association of Family and Kidshow Performers :: Your top magic list (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MarcosScatolino
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MarcosScatolino
Hi folks!

I always want to know from all magician present here the Top Magic List in their opinion.

Those routines that have to be done in each of your presentations, that one that make the audience wonder!

So what is in your sleeves?
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
WELL ?? NOTHING, since May ?? Come on SHARE, So many effects can be done in a STORY form - many effects - instead of just, "ha ha. I fooled/tricked you"
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2020, Russo wrote:
WELL ?? NOTHING, since May ??

The Magic Café is like Mr. Ash's Magic Shop. They never throw anything away -- the site never changes. For the most part this a good thing, but it can be very confusing to new users. Whenever someone makes a post here in the KIDabra section, our Canadian friend Donald usually stops by to tell them that no ever visits here anymore. The active discussion is found in "the little darlings" section of the Café found under the "special interests" sub-section.

The fact that all the magical societies are listed at the beginning of the Café, and yet see very little traffic, adds to the confusion for new members. In the case of KIDabra, it is not even really a society anymore. It is now just a group that puts together top notch conventions. They do not have a publication, nor do they accept new members. But everyone is welcome to attend their convention -- for a fee. The next one is virtual.... look into it. They also have a Facebook page that is not too difficult to get permission to join.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Exactly what Tim said above...

Also keep in mind that at one time, many years ago, Dennis Michael (aka Dennis Dowhy) used to be very active on the Magic Café as well as active in KidAbra (when it was a society). He posted a lot of content. I think that Dennis was also a moderator who volunteered to help out with this area of the Café. Because he's no longer active on the Magic Café, he doesn't moderate or post in this area any more (he kind of retired from magic to focus on his family / grandkids). I knew Dennis from online, but I've also visited him at his home in New Jersey at one time. He last posted on the Magic Café in December 2014.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.