The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Gaffed & Funky :: Best Stripper Deck (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1369 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Looking for the best quality stripper deck, preferable Bicycle brand.
I have a Royal Magic "sleeve" around a Bicycle deck and the quality is less than stellar.

Where have you purchased and were pleased with the quality?

Thanks for your input.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
The best "mass produced / regularly available" in my opinion (unfortunately not Bicycle) is the Phoenix Brand Stripper Deck. The main reason or my assessment is that Card-Shark actually tweaked the back artwork to match the cut angle. Great Idea. For a quality Bicycle Stripper Deck, there are several gaffers out there who can make you some custom stripper decks depending on your "skill or sensitivity" to feel a very small brief to a larger one. When I make my own, I use no more than the thickness of one card from one end of the long border to the other. I have a sensitive feel and a couple "tricks" to getting a full separation in one pull.

Alternatively, you could get custom decks done as "End Strippers" which are great once you get used to them. They are tapered on the short end so you will be separating them in the act of a regular "Overhand Shuffle" rather than a "Hindu Shuffle" like most tapered decks.

If you want to inquire about getting some made there are a few gaffers I know of who are members that as far as I know are still active.

https://www.thehanrahangaffco.com/ Has quite a pedigree in gaff making over the years and has many projects you may have seen.
https://www.thedecktailor.com/ Don Boyer "The Deck Tailor" and creator of the "Blind Wizard Deck" which is not only an end stripper but each card is marked with a tactile system front and back (I just got one and am amazed with the work).

There are other gaffers but I have been seeing the list shorten over the last couple years. Some may chime in if they are still active.

If you just need a deck or two and can't find a gaffer that will only do a small order, PM me, I have a very professional set of gaffing tools also and can make a couple decks up for you in Bikes if need be but I usually do for "myself and a couple friends" and these guys make their livings from it so I try to recommend them first.

I am certain that you or anyone else would be happy with the quality work these guys do. Remember though, sometimes great quality (small brief that would go unnoticed even to a fellow magi) requires practice as they are a bit "knackier" than a mass produced stripper deck.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
TH10111
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of TH10111
Www.slimcardco.com is also worth mentioning.
Brent
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of Brent
Martin at Martini's Magic has astounding customer service to go along with his fabulous products!!!