The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Sleight of body? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
Hello!

I've been wondering recently about tricks that require no props- beyond mentalism and the ever-famous hey-look-I-can-pull-off-my-fingers. I don't entirely know if this is the right spot on the Café to ask this, but do you all know of any books or any specific tricks that do not use outside props or your hands?

Thank you very much,

-Nate
_W_
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of _W_
There's always the classic arm twist trick. I know there's Dis Jointed by Joe Russell.

You could also do a Balducci levitation.
weirdwizardx
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of weirdwizardx
The one where you “cut” your index finger
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3546 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Silversleights04
View Profile
Regular user
Houston, Texas
184 Posts

Profile of Silversleights04
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2019, Nate The Magician wrote:
Hello!

I've been wondering recently about tricks that require no props- beyond mentalism and the ever-famous hey-look-I-can-pull-off-my-fingers. I don't entirely know if this is the right spot on the Café to ask this, but do you all know of any books or any specific tricks that do not use outside props or your hands?

Thank you very much,

-Nate

See now, that's a tricky question because most of the "body magic" I know of typically falls into the category of either visual gags or propless mentalism. PK Touches is what came to mind first, but that's mentalism. Finger-through-ear or nose/cheek came second, but that's a visual gag. Breaking Point by Johannes Mengel, visual gag with hands. Fracture by Joe Rindfleisch, visual hand gag... so honestly I would be interested to see some other responses myself!
-Magic sees Magic-

-Marco V-
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2615 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Body Magic by John Fisher.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
Quote:
On Jan 5, 2020, weirdwizardx wrote:
The one where you “cut” your index finger

No the one your thinking of is Papercut by Poorboy Magic
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger