The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: From Soup to Nuts :: Do Americans ever buy from Canadian magic shops? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I know many Canadians buy from USA magic shops online, but do any of you American magicians buy from Canadian magic shops? If no, why not? If yes, why?
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
I guess not...
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Yes, I have purchased magic from Canadian magic dealers before.

Quote:
On Dec 7, 2019, todsky wrote:
If yes, why?

I can't remember any specific reason ... I suppose because they had magic I wanted to purchase at a price I'm willing to pay. The same reason I buy magic from any internet magic shop. I've purchased items from shops in Germany and the UK and from Japan for the same reason.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Thanks for your reply, David.
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I used to buy from Camirand Academy before he shut it down.
gumbimagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Too busy performing to have more than
315 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
I just saw this thread I know its a little old. I have purchased from Camirand Academy. I have purchased directly from Richard Sanders. I think there may be two reasons I don't buy from Canada. First, the times I have purchased online from Canada(not just magic) it takes longer to get the items. Secondly, when I search for magic shops online or search for a specific product online a shop in Canada NEVER pops up. I have purchased items from Europe, but once again same issues, but with one additional issue. The price to get something from Europe is about 30% more than if I can get it in the States. It comes down to availability, price, and service. In that order. One comment on availability. If it is on their website and it allows me to put it in the cart and pay for it, they had better have it. One comment on price. Price to me is the price paid for the product plus the cost of getting it in my hands.

I hope that helps.
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Thank you very much for your comments, they are most helpful!