The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... :: Subjects whom are not native English speakers (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Blah blah blah. It is your religion I get it. I am sure all those doctors with all that education are no match for your NLP plus background. You are the best as always no matter what science has to say. Anecdotal evidence is much better I admit. Will you stop now? I am only guessing but my first thought is no.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
God you are so twisted. I never said that at all. I pointed out The "degrees" you respect are also seen as pseudo scientific. Which was your main point of contention. You accused me of worshiping a pseudo science. Yet its actually you that is placing all your trust in a pseudo science. A pseudo science that is backed by big pharma for financial gain.

I only pointed out that a lot of the techniques that come from NLP are actually useful and do work. Nothing to do with religion. I really don't know where you get that from.

Your asking me to stop because you know your wrong on this one. But you have a pathological need to be always right so I won't hold my breath waiting for you to admit it.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes. The side that the scientific community backs is wrong. Oh and it is a conspiracy by big companies.

I am the one who needs to admit I am wrong? HILARIOUS! I am pathological? When I simply look at a scientific consensus and agree? When they explain what a pseudoscience actually is they use NLP as a PERFECT EXAMPLE. I am pathological?

Do you see how useless all your NLP techniques are here when confronted with an adult with information?

No a lot of the techniques do NOT work at all regardless of your little anecdotal evidence that you pretend to have. It is horse feathers.

When did I every claim psychiatry or psychology was a real or not real science? Show me the post. Again a nice deflection technique, BUT since I never claimed it you don't get to make up stuff I have said and pretend it is me. Why not mirror my actions now for me LOL?

I am sorry I attacked your religion. But life is what it is.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
You in other posts made it clear that psychologists / psychiatrists were the go to. You asked Mindmagic what his degree was he told you he was a psychologist. And you couldn't understand why he didn't agree with you. here is someone with a degree backed by the scientific community according to you. He told you because some of the techniques and skills do do work in his experience. But you know better than someone with the type of degree you supposedly respect. You debunked NLP purely on it being Pseudo Science. Yet your gods are Pseudo Science. The only real science attached to them is the prescription drugs which is at the core of what they do. Even then many of them have been proved to be placebo or even cause damage. And their basic theory on how they work to be totally wrong or flawed. I've yet to meet anyone on antidepressants who the issue was resolved through taking them. Most of the time they aren't needed at all. And most people you meet who have been on them for along time still have the original issue. Of course the medical community don't want the masses to know this they would lose billions of dollars. Its money driven. They know there are far more effective ways to deal with some of these issues but they will never endorse them. Because of commercial interest.

You obviously have no clue about therapy. Every person that walks in is unique. You work with whatever comes up and whatever direction it goes. No two people respond exactly the same. Which is why you could never do double bind experiments because just doing a standard technique over and over with everybody is useless. You have a set of tools skills and experience with which you break down the thought and emotional processes that are causing the problem and help them replace them with better ones. Most therapies work that way. Some of the techniques from NLP enable you to get there quicker and more effectively in my experience. Which you would know if you have worked with people using a variety of techniques over the years.

I'm sorry you feel you need to keep attacking its a mode you seem to be stuck on. it must be such a strain keeping it up. Your practically the same on every thread you take part on when it doesn't go your way. But I guess life is what it is.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again nice try. Still debunked.

I asked him his training. Then I asked for the basis of dissent. You know like research? Oh wait research doesn't matter to you. Just your little anecdotal evidence.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think think you are deluded Danny. You remind me of the newbie know-it-alls that used to come on here and argue about stage hypnosis with no experience. You know absolutely nothing or have any experience doing therapy yet constantly come up with this garbage. When someone tries to throw light on some of the issues you continue to broadcast your lack of knowledge and pathological need to grasp at straws to win the argument you created. Its not pretty. The only person you are convincing is yourself. Get off your high horse for gods sake. And take a deep breath you will be ok you know.Nothing bad will happen.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So of that to say you attack me because at the end of it all your NLP religion is debunked. Show us studies where it isn't. YOUT CAN'T so you attack me. No amount of attacking me elevate NLP to relevant sorry. All you have is nothing but anecdotal evidence.

Seems as if the only person you are convincing is YOU. Why is it so important for anyone to believe your religion?

Don't worry there are plenty of people to still buy your shake oil. Science long ago grossly underestimated the birth rate of the average sucker.

But again this has nothing to do with performance. But you just can't stop can you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I can't stop? the kettle calling the pot black! Ok Danny I realize it so important to you to think you've won an imaginary argument. You debunked me. How could I ever suggest you could ever be wrong please forgive me.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So hopefully you're done. You certainly have not provided evidence other than attacking.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I think you should look up the word "projection". Then one evening when you have an open mind go through some of your old threads and see the pattern. It might do you some good. It might do the forum some good too. We might even see some fresh conversations going.This place has become stale.

By the way Bandler was a performer a story teller and a stage hypnotist in his own way. And of course part a charlatan too. Much of Derren Brown's success was down to imitating Bandlers stage presence and applying it to his own theater shows using stage hypnosis and Mentalism in the early days. Love or Hate Brown he had a huge success with it.

Instead of looking to try and be correct all the time this could easily be a thread about principles of performing hypnosis and identifying what works and how to transfer these principles into your own work. There are numerous high profile figures that could be analyzed and broken down in detail to try and identify why someone is successful and how to use those principles in your own way. Or it just could be interesting to think about and discuss..

But you prefer to go down the route of always being right. Its boring and tedious and is killing if it hasn't already killed this forum. But I guess you get to be right in your head so that's ok. I think its too late anyway the forum seems to far gone.

I wish you the best Danny but I probably won't be hanging about here much. It was nice to revisit though. good luck with whatever you do.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Good please do leave again.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
I know nothing at all about the subject. I'm waiting on a flight and killing time but have to say.....Jaysus Danny relax and as my Irish teacher used to say "take a chill pill" Not everything has to be an argument. The man obviously has a wealth of real world experience in this area and has a different point of view than you. That's ok. The sun will rise again tomorrow. Also just curious have you ever wondered why you are involved in so many arguments here with so many different people?

By the way Mindpunisher good to see you on here again! You probably wouldn't remember me at all, I used to frequent the penny forum a fair bit back in the day. Always enjoyed your posts and still do! Hope all is well and this place would be a lot richer if you decided to stick around.

Pete
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So nobody is allowed a different point of view? LOL. I like the way you automatically assign the need of a "chill pill" to only one side. Ol punishy has no need to chill LOL.

Nice of you to drop by but you could have kissed his but in private message just as easily.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Fine I'll make that two chill pills, a hug and since you seem a bit jealous I'll throw in a kiss too.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Project much?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Not much at all! Yourself?