The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Tenyo 2020 (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have to agree with John. The Gravity Box is the winner of the year for me too. I'm in total love with this one. It's crazy how much strength the box can bear. Real magic ! It have been 100% reliable for me. There is absolutly no adhesive on the surface and people can touch it completly freely. Everything is crystal clear anyway.

For me this trick is the perfect miracle you can perform easily and most important it's a trick where you can tell a cool story, interact with audience (not just "look at my trick") and everything is customizable to fit your own goal. Absolutly nobody expect what will happen.
My Number 1 of 2020.

4D Cross for sure is what we love in Tenyo, weird plastic props with funny mechanism but it lacks some finitions to be a real winner like Invisible Zone or Crystal Cleaver was at the time. But it's clearly the more complex mechanism done by Tenyo for years and it's largely better than "Smart Guillotine" which was another kind of "incomplete" trick. I think you have to customize the sticks to maybe hide the gimmick a little more but especially to give it some soul.

Anyway it's a really good year and I'm pleased that the Tenyo creation team is back on business after several years of nagging ( yes I'm looking at you "Miracle rods" and "psycho gravity" ^^)
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3060 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Could not agree more Stereo. Works amazing on my Kitchen counter. Just have to lightly set it on the counter and it immediately adheres. I like that you can slide it around freely yet it still sticks when you try and pick it up. Most fun I have had with a Tenyo prop in a few years :0

By the way great to see you back my friend.

John
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Since everyone likes GRAVITY BOX, you should check out the effect that it was inspired from - pretty cool https://thinkingparadox.com/producto/unliftable/
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
And.... Tenyo provide à second gimmick (there was 2 in my box) so you can in fact do everything on the video provided by David Kenney !! I love it thank you. Endless story to tell to your public to perform this trick, that's so good.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Here are the reviews I did in case anyone wants direct links:

Magic Review - 4D Cross by Tenyo Magic / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ2VHBWj6-4

Magic Review - Miracle Fishing by Tenyo Magic / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRdFkaJolPs

Magic Review - Ultra Gravity Box by Tenyo Magic / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os_6vJt4G_w

Magic Review - Mystery Blade by Tenyo Magic / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRMPXdpOG2E

Magic Review - Note A Bill by Tenyo Magic / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6Se-sU27xg

Thanks for watching
FunMagic!
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of FunMagic!
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2019, DavidKenney wrote:
Here are the reviews I did ...
Thanks for watching

Nice reviews I enjoyed your presentations
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have Miracle Fishing and 4D Cross. Here is my brief review:

First, the good news:

Miracle Fishing: I own previous versions of this and I think this is an improvement on previous versions. It is a VERY small improvement, but now I can't believe previous versions didn't think of the small improvements with this version.

Now, the bad news:

4D Cross: I was very disappointed. As opposed to David's review (above), my main issue is not that is doesn't look like a "real" object. If you know anything about Tenyo, you know that you are getting a plastic prop. My issue is that I had a REALLY hard time getting it to work. It has a clever mechanism, but it just didn't work well for me. I actually perform with some Tenyo products, but this is not one I will use, just because for me it isn't reliable. I think this would be better if it was designed by a higher end producer, like Magic Wagon or Dannicus.

KJ
Payner44
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of Payner44
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, 1KJ wrote:
I have Miracle Fishing and 4D Cross. Here is my brief review:

First, the good news:

Miracle Fishing: I own previous versions of this and I think this is an improvement on previous versions. It is a VERY small improvement, but now I can't believe previous versions didn't think of the small improvements with this version.

Now, the bad news:

4D Cross: I was very disappointed. As opposed to David's review (above), my main issue is not that is doesn't look like a "real" object. If you know anything about Tenyo, you know that you are getting a plastic prop. My issue is that I had a REALLY hard time getting it to work. It has a clever mechanism, but it just didn't work well for me. I actually perform with some Tenyo products, but this is not one I will use, just because for me it isn't reliable. I think this would be better if it was designed by a higher end producer, like Magic Wagon or Dannicus.

KJ

I agree completely regarding 4D Cross. Almost impossible to perform smoothly due to extremely tight tolerances with the parts that touch!
"I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why you're wrong!"
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
851 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
When I first began working with 4D Cross, I could not get it to work. After some patience and reading the instructions a bunch of times, I realized that the problem was that I was trying to hard to make it work.

If you handle the props without great force, you will find that it works beautifully. Lots of practice helps greatly!

For me, this is good old fashioned Tenyo plastic apparatus and method. It has been a long time since Tenyo released something like this which I can best describe as creating a laugh out loud moment when discovering the method and ingenious design of the props.

May I suggest that you remove the provided little black plastic keys and replace them with real keys or charms to make the keychains look like regular everyday items and not magical props.

By the way, IMHO, Mystery Blade is another good old fashioned Tenyo release. I find the Tenyo releases for 2020 to be the best in years! Not thrilled with all five but most of them.
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Help...can't get the Gravity Box to work today. Had worked all along but just stopped today. Suggestions!
Gerry of Montreal
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Gerry of Montreal
Quote:
On Dec 19, 2019, reed kammerer wrote:
Help...can't get the Gravity Box to work today. Had worked all along but just stopped today. Suggestions!

Happened to me after 3rd use ! found out there was a very small scratch (probably from a grain on the table and rubbing ?) so after a while wondering, I flipped the gimmick and working great again ! so need to be careful.

But this system is so clever...Tenyo art again Smile
Gerry of Montreal
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Gerry of Montreal
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2019, 1KJ wrote:
I have ... 4D Cross…. It has a clever mechanism, but it just didn't work well for me. I actually perform with some Tenyo products, but this is not one I will use, just because for me it isn't reliable. I think this would be better if it was designed by a higher end producer, like Magic Wagon or Dannicus.

KJ

As some mentioned, at 1st its hard to do the insertion, but this prop is so precisely made (and very cleaver indeed) that its actually working very smoothly when you know how. Just need a little push in (try it without the cross to understand how it separates, as the bars have same dimension!).

Also I bought a 2nd kit to have an extra key chain, I do the switch and people have a lot of fun playing with everything.

When I do it, I show the time and say it works daily only in this short window time frame (5 min). so if they ask to do it again, its now to late Smile...btw these keys come from a strange old hotel where we found out two adjacent rooms were mysteriously connecting together at a certain time of the day !
Martello
View Profile
Loyal user
Catskill Mountains
280 Posts

Profile of Martello
Quote:
On Dec 2, 2019, stereo wrote:
And.... Tenyo provide à second gimmick (there was 2 in my box) so you can in fact do everything on the video provided by David Kenney !! I love it thank you. Endless story to tell to your public to perform this trick, that's so good.

Not everybody likes Gravity Box! First, it does not work for me like everyone else. Second the special "dst" included in the package was not what it says it is. It is only "os". I had to use my own "dst and it still did not work, This trick is too "iffy" to trust in the real world since it does not always work. Another Tenyo effect that goes into the drawer of wasted money.

Arthur
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Mine went to drawer also, just stopped working and can't get it to work again.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
952 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Are any of the 4D props inspectable?
FightOnRon
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of FightOnRon
Leipzisch.........I have just bought one. Two of the 3 parts can be, not the 3rd part. That is why someone suggested buying a 2nd so you can have the 3rd part to hand out via a switch.
profmagic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of profmagic
I have spent a lot of time trying to get Gravity Box to work. Not successful. I agree with the comments made by Arthur and Reed including the fact that the dst is really os and that I had to use my own dst (I didn't see dst/os discussed in any of the reviews or comments made by other users). It wasn't easy trying to get the exact measurement. But in the end, the Box doesn't work for me. A great disappointment.
profmagic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of profmagic
I have to admit that my earlier comments were premature. I had not experimented enough with the Gravity Box. Although my comments about the dst/os still hold, I have been able to get the Box to work as described in the promotional material and in the instructions. I now recommend that, if you are not being successful, don't give up -- even after an investment in time for trying. Success will eventually come.