The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Looking out for our own :: Max Krause in critical condition after bicycle accident (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Our fellow magi Max Krause is in critical condition with a broken neck and other injuries after being hit by a police car while riding his bike in Oklahoma City about 10:30 last night last night. Currently he is able to respond to the medical staff by blinking his eyes. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Here is a link to an OKC article.

https://okcfox.com/news/local/bicyclist-......-officer

Best wishes to Max!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
As I understand it, the family has made the difficult decision and will be saying their goodbyes this evening. Smile
This is just so very sad.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
This has been posted by the family for the Max Krause Cremation and Memorial:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/max-krause-cr......8icVGrNw
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
So sad!!
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Had the *great* pleasure of getting to meet Max at his shop when it was in New Mexico, and own some of his great effects (MBS is in a class by itself).

His customer service was second to none.

A great guy who will be greatly missed.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1122 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I’m utterly speechless. I was just this afternoon showing a few people my one coin routine that ends with the jumbo walking liberty that Max had made for me. The coin has lived in my pocket daily for over a decade. Earlier today I was looking at the Sterling Silver Necklace that I also bought from him. I had a nice phone conversation with Max a few months ago. We weren’t close, but as fellow part-time NY’ers we crossed paths. Man, this is heart breaking. I wish his family comfort.

R.I.P.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Max had a passion for a particular car, which IIRC was a Mitsubishi 3000gt.

He once told me that he was flying up to the NY area to pick one up that he had found and drive it back home. That model car for him was tops, and he enjoyed the heck out of the models he owned.

He was a real gentleman.
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
991 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2019, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
As I understand it, the family has made the difficult decision and will be saying their goodbyes this evening. Smile
This is just so very sad.

I am so shocked and so sad, wishing condolences to Max' family and friends. Did not know him personally, but remember his visit to the SAM in Phoenix years ago right about the time of his opening the shop in NM. He was so creative and I remember a great lecture he presented at the IBM internat'l convo in Phoenix several years ago. Wonderful mental effects, ingenious magic with bill money!
RIP Max.
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
From Meghan Krause:

Max left this Earth at 9:34 this evening. Thank you all very much for your love and support.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
945 Posts

Profile of andykean
Very sad, only met him once at magic live he was a very nice man. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2027 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
A marvelous, creative, engaging man. We will miss him for a very long time.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5131 Posts

Profile of Amirá
RIP Max

All sales of my personal releases at Mentalism Center during this weekend will go to Max´s gofundme campaign.
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Mysterious One
View Profile
Veteran user
384 Posts

Profile of The Mysterious One
Hate hearing more tragic news within the magic community. Life is so fragile. RIP Max. Very sad indeed. I just contributed to his Gofundme. His family are in my thoughts.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I just found out. Very sad.
I got to know him from making the cases for his mentalist dream boxes.

RIP Max.

:(
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
256 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
My wife is a biker and just let me know. A great loss.

RIP Max. Our prayers and thoughts are with your loved ones.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
magringo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sad that all I have is a scant
325 Posts

Profile of magringo
I donated to the gofundme page to support the family with its unexpected expenses at this difficult time -- but wonder if we could also help by purchasing items from max's magic website? Any inside information if someone will be handling this for the family.
algebraic
View Profile
Inner circle
1008 Posts

Profile of algebraic
I was absolutely shocked to read about Max's death! I still can't believe he's gone.
My prayers are certainly including Max.
I own many of Max's items. I remember shaking my head a lot whenever he had a new idea. I remember telling him a lot, "How do you come up with this stuff?!" I loved his ideas. It seemed to come so easily to him.
I'm upset that he's gone. I got very upset riding past a couple of bikers today driving my daughter so she could hang out with a couple of her friends.
I miss you Max.
God bless Max.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4389 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just found out today when I did an internet search for Max. I spent quite a while on the phone with Max. He was a great guy! He will be missed.
KJ