The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: Plex and Magic Videos (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Veteran user
Pensacola, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
Plex is a Media Server that allows you to organize and stream your videos from a server at your house to Plex clients on your phone, tv, computer, roku, etc. For TV and Movies, meta information is stored in various DB's that Plex can access for Posters and descriptions of your video. Has anyone tackled organizing their magic video collection into something like Plex or maybe Kodi with the various metadata, either manually with XML files or with a DB of some sort? I'm about to start organizing my videos into Plex and did not want to reinvent the wheel on entering the metadata.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1146 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
I use plex for all of my videos, magic and non. No such database exists to the best of my knowledge.
sebbyg
View Profile
Regular user
Cherry Hill, NJ
119 Posts

Profile of sebbyg
I'm very interested in this exact challenge. I have my entire Magic video Libray on my Plex Server. I have been painstakingly working on cover art, descriptions, contents, etc... as was as categorizing by magician. I know that between Penguin, L&L, Murphy's and other similar magic retail web sites all of this metadata info is out there. I would love to know if there is a simple way to construct a library source similar to IMDB and TVDB using the data from Murphy's Penguin & L&L. Let's keep this thread active in the hopes that someone has figured out how to utilize the wealth of magic metadata that already exists to create a Plex Magic Metadata Agent.
sebbyg
View Profile
Regular user
Cherry Hill, NJ
119 Posts

Profile of sebbyg
FYI,
If you spend the time to create Metadata for all of your Magic Videos on Plex know that if you have a library issue the metadata status in the plex database NOT with the video files so it is very easy to lose. at the very least make sure that you are saving your posters and cover art locally to the same library folders where your videos are stored.