The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: Story book magic effect<< (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
This is going "way back", about 40 years ...
When my children were young, I remember a magician performing an effect with a child's story book.
This story book told of a witch ... and as the performer talked about the witch ... the witch appeared from behind the book.
Creating much interaction from the children.

This effect was repeated with other items within the story ... but unfortunately, I can't remember any more than this.

Can anyone help?
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I don't know the story of the witch, but I do know the story of the Gingerbread Man and you'll find it combined with my "Peek-a-Boo Who?" prop plans in The Wizard's Journal #32 and scroll down to item #8: https://www.magicnook.com/WizJournal/WJ-32ALL.htm It's a variation of the "Peek-a-Boo" effect with the prop turned into a story book with the characters popping up and down from behind the book as the story is read aloud. You print out all the parts using your computer printer and paste them on cardboard or chipboard to make them "come to life."
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Thanks ... I will take a look at this to see if it is what I am after ...
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
97 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2019, wulfiesmith wrote:
This is going "way back", about 40 years ...
When my children were young, I remember a magician performing an effect with a child's story book.
This story book told of a witch ... and as the performer talked about the witch ... the witch appeared from behind the book.
Creating much interaction from the children.

This effect was repeated with other items within the story ... but unfortunately, I can't remember any more than this.

Can anyone help?

In this video below around the 2:30 mark there is a book used that does what you are describing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vqyAE8-WqbI&t=6s
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Thank you PhantomStranger!!!!
PhantomStranger
View Profile
New user
Tri-State Area
97 Posts

Profile of PhantomStranger
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2021, wulfiesmith wrote:
Thank you PhantomStranger!!!!

Happy to help!
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
That 'story book' effect reminds me of an effect I have about the '3 Bears' where a bear keeps popping up through the story - also - it had 3 bowels of different sizes - when placed behind the book (on top of each other & turned around) it became 'Goldy Locks'..
davfreeman
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of davfreeman
If you need more information on the trick, you could pm Chuck Caputo. He is a member here at the Café.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1177 Posts

Profile of Russo
It's amazing how much information on Magic you can find on "Google'.
Carlosfa
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Carlosfa
I love that kind of magic, it's really cool with kids.