The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Believe it or not... :: Haunted Attraction Walk Around (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
aoakden
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of aoakden
I am looking for some gruesome, bloody walk around to add to my character at The Slaughter House in Des Moines, IA. I work the line que so I am looking for something quick and dirty to freak people out. 1-2 mins and able to repeat easily going down the que line.

Any suggestions for props or routines?
Phil Ainsworth
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Phil Ainsworth
What about the old ‘living finger in matchbox’ routine?

You cut a hole in the back of a matchbox and poke your finger through from the other side. Dress the inside of the box with cotton wool so it looks like the finger is amputated and displayed on the wool. Add some theatrical blood at the base and then show it to people, waiting for the right moment before you wiggle it, of course...
Phil Ainsworth
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of Phil Ainsworth
Forgot to add, it helps of you use a bit of white foundation make up on your finger to make it look old and dead...
TomB
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan, USA
332 Posts

Profile of TomB
Knife thru arm?

One of the better queue lines I saw was metal knee pads. You run and slide on your knees and make sparks.
GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Never encourage adding more "sliders" at a haunt. Those guys multiply faster than "scary clowns" and chainsaw loonies. The finger through the box has potential though. That trick's just old enough that it might be new again.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
597 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
How about the "severed hand" gimmick? Its simple, cheap and can look pretty convincing with a little extra fake blood. Plus, with Covid, you could dress as a mad doctor (wearing whatever but also a mask). Cover the hand and only reveal it every so often. You could also add a squeeze bulb full of warm water in the "severed wrist" and REALLY startle some patrons!
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
597 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
Harry Anderson's Pin through Arm. If you have never seen it, Google it on youtube SNL watch how its done! "Blood?" "Its a geek trick lady!"
One of the best.