The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Periods & styles of Magic :: Secret agent tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
Hello......brain storming on some tricks, routines that might reflect a secret agent magician. Any thoughts
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2150 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
First thought is clothing quick changes.

If you want to play comical, something as simple as a daylight seance cloth could let you put on fake noses, mustaches, glasses, etc.

A certain amount of mentalism can be framed as body reading skills or deduction. That might be closer to a detective, but if you use a PIN divination to find the combo to a lock to get your information, that could have some secret agent vibe.

Escapes. Of course.

That’s all I have right now. What did you already get?

Patrick
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
130 Posts

Profile of coachc
I have a radioactive marked mirror box to produce items out of before doing a walking through steel illusion routined to a mission impossible type music. Some really good thoughts in your post.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
If you come up with the right presentations, many items could work. A himber wallet for instance. Do a Goggle search and look up real spy gadgets or look at old James Bond films.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
587 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
My first Bond memory is of him swimming up in a wetsuit, and walking out of the water and taking it off to have a white tux underneath.
That image. Turned into a quick change, perhaps using a large, unfolded map/daylight seance, I think, would set your theme up spectaularly!
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6142 Posts

Profile of motown
I started playing with an idea where a secret code used to identify a card gets deciphered using the Budhha Envelopes.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain