The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: cowboy plots (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
Just a couple ideas I’ve played with...

1. You take out a corked whiskey bottle, and an old coin. You tell the audience that you have the spirit of Jesse James in the bottle. The coin is there to get him to show himself, because, in spite of his reputation as a gunman, his main occupation was thief.

You taunt him a bit with the coin and he steals it and takes it into the bottle with him. (obviously coin in the bottle, but the plot was kind of fun)

2.You put on a child’s toy gun and holster, a child’s cowboy hat, and a deck of cards.

You begin to tell them of your blinding speed and tell them that we’re going try a little test. You remove the gun from the holster and put it on the table, saying "lets keep it honest" You proceed to do Paul Harris’ "whack your pack" but when they slam their hand on the table, you remove the card from the holster (ala blazing saddles) Smile
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Steve Landavazo
View Profile
Special user
Northern California
654 Posts

Profile of Steve Landavazo
Good Job Magus!

What a neat routine!!!
Courage is the willingness to be afraid and act anyway!
Jack
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Jack
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

I likes!

Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
For Old West - type story lines, my new lecture -- Wild West Wonders -- has eight different routines, from The Truth About Wild Bill to Doc Holliday’s Dilemma, that are based in fact (with a large dose of theater added)

If anyone is interested, e-mail me privately and I’ll send you an e-catalog.

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
Jim Davis
View Profile
Special user
What is....? Utah
945 Posts

Profile of Jim Davis
Cowboy plots? What a novel concept! If you would like some ideas.. and some plots.. privately ask.. I’ll tell you about my cups and "bullets"! Smile

Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger"
Diamond Jim Davis "The Cardslinger" ~~~ Magic from the '80's....................the 1880's!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Don't just be a magician, be a human interest!
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>[url]www.periodplayers.com[/ur
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Make sure the safety's on!!

Bengi Smile
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
Cups and bullets would be good-
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Magicduck
View Profile
Elite user
Washington State
484 Posts

Profile of Magicduck
Vani Puli in LR a couple months back had a neat card under glass in a frame that I adapted to a "Wild Bill" theme.

It goes like this. Magi shows an old deck of cards, Jack Daniel’s, that were in the Saloon with Bill that fateful day. There are Aces and Eights, one has a bullet hole visible in it. The real mystery is... what was the other card in his hand. We will find out by having a spectator randomly select a card.

Magi shows a standard picture frame from the saloon, with a pix of Bill on it. Magi displays it to all and places it in full view in a manila envelope.

Someone chooses a card from the deck. The card is placed in a red western bandana, and one piece kept by audience. Legend is, that if a person successfully selected the "fifth card" in the hand the spirit of Bill will let them know in a mysterious way.

The bandana is shaken, the card is gone the picture of Bill is taken from the frame and right there in the frame, under the glass, with the back nailed on, is the chosen card... and the corner clearly fits. It is clearly a sign from Bill that the person selected the mysterious fifth card. Plays well. Guys like the western theme.

Quack
Bengi
View Profile
Veteran user
Georgia
309 Posts

Profile of Bengi
Magus:

Cups are for athletes!

Bengi Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Sounds like an awsome trick duck, I like it.

Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
If you're interested in old west types of effects, you might like my, "The Legend of Scott Star, Trader Vic and Slick Jack Spade." Email me if you'd like the routine. It's from my upcoming book, and it appeared on Visions, where I received a lot of positive comments for it.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
I read somewhere of a routine where a card is selected, shuffled back into the deck and handed to the spectator. You have the spec toss the cards into the air and lasso their selected card with a rope. Neat idea for the gimmick.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
Here’s another idea. Find one of those toy guns that when you pull the trigger, the barrel opens and a flag folds down that says "Bang" on it.

Have the spec pick a card and return it to the deck. Tell them that they are to hold the deck and you will attempt to shoot their selected card out of the deck.

When they refuse, allow them to handle the gun as you hold the deck. When they pull the trigger, their selected card flys out of the deck and is found to have a bullet hole thru the center. You could even do this with a signed card.

I’ll leave the rest up to your imaginations, it should not be hard to figure out.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
How about replacing the "bang" banner with a small card silk? Force the card that’s on the silk, say you’ll "Shoot their card." When you pull the trigger, the silk comes out, revealing the silk with the selected card on it.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Scott,

I do exactly that, in a "gangster" themed trick, with a bang gun I made up myself, to look more like a real gun than the rather peculiar-looking bang gun.

I use a nine-inch white silk with the card inked on it, using a Sharpie marker.

And I would be very interested in seeing your "legend" routine that you refer to.

What issue of Visions was it in?

(or, perhaps, you could kindly e-mail it to me).

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
bigjoeblue
View Profile
New user
akron ohio
82 Posts

Profile of bigjoeblue
do matrix, only now the coins are outlaws trying to get back to their hole in the wall hideout riding hard on their ponys
spop21
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of spop21
I am going to be doing a show in a front of a crowd of 500 I need some good ideas for illusion or if any one has some for sale Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Bernard Lightfingers
View Profile
New user
Indiana
65 Posts

Profile of Bernard Lightfingers
cooooooool! Smile
There is no life without death...everything has a shadow