The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: David Blaine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Che
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Che
Chris Rock
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2004-05-24 13:04, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
To the majority of the public...there is no Dai Vernon.

There was a Houdini, and some may remember Don Alan, Doug Henning, Mark Wilson...

And they will almost all remember by name or face.... David Copperfield and David Blaine.

That's the way it is to the public at large. Till the next media star is launched.

You have that right JT. And IMHO if Blaine was not tall, dark and handsome he would not be were he is now.
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
374 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Blaine is handsome? I don't see what "dark and handsome" has to do with his T.V. specials. he played a part that the public found fascinating. I was living in Guatemala when David Blaine was on T.V. for the first time. I did not see it and at the time I was not involved with magic. People told me he did things that where not even on the T.V. special. They were entertained! They found him mysterious and fascinating. He wanted to make people believe that he possessed powers that normal people don’t have. He did that and he did it well. David Blaine raised everybody’s interest in magic. Like his magic or persona or not we should thank him for raising the level of interest. People will stop and watch a street magician now, because they want to see if you posses the same mysterious powers that David Blaine possesses.
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
I work around girls all day and when his name gets brought up all they can say is how good looking he is.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Women like mystery. Men like T & A. Is there anything more we need to say here.
Look at how many magicians market and promote themselves and then they wonder why they are broke.
Blaine should write a book on how to become a rich mediocre magician because he is the master at it. Give the guy the credit he is due for.
I still maintain that if you have a look at most of the old names here like Marucci and even Firedice they would probably kick Blaines A@@ as magicians.
The thread started with what he is doing right and frankly - MONEY TALKS - the rest is just conversation.
GypsyPirate
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of GypsyPirate
Quote:
On 2004-05-23 23:48, Firedice27 wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-05-23 22:29, GypsyPirate wrote:

Now all I have to do is walk up to someone and say, "Have you ever heard of David Blaine?" and instantly everyone is interested.

Ye gods... I don't even know where to begin with this one... Umm... welcome to the Café.

Huh?

Hey, does anyone know if Blaine ever stops by the Café?
Magic Mark

"How'd you do that?" ... "Very carefully."
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1039 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2004-05-28 10:28, abc wrote:
Blaine should write a book on how to become a rich mediocre magician because he is the master at it.

:lol:

Kevin Ram
View Profile
Special user
Travelling through Europe
791 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ram
He prob stops by but he isn't gonna use his own name
"Your the Italian stallion" As said by my g/friend
protik
View Profile
New user
bangladesh
57 Posts

Profile of protik
I am a fan of David blaine.I have almost all the mindblowing tricks that david blaine performed in his TV special.If anyone want to discuss any trick with me,please contact immidietly.
maniac
View Profile
New user
Atlanta, Ga
65 Posts

Profile of maniac
I am not a David Blain Fan, BUT

You have to admire his business approach, how may Magicians have sold their show for 7 figures. This does impress me.....