The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Street Magic :: Material (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
James Watkins
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of James Watkins
I know there is probably a post on this site about this somewhere, but here goes:

What do you think makes good street material? Surely you will not do anything. What do you mostly perform? Myself, personally, I find myself doing the Ambitious Card a lot. I used to do The Two Card Monte, but this is too widely used to me. I used to also stick with the Bite Out Coin, but not anymore. Do you think that the routines street performers used 2 years ago are getting old? Even for spectator's? When I did the Bite Out Coin my last time, someone said, "I saw that Blaine guy do that!" Do you want to look like someone who does the same tricks as someone the spectator has seen on TV? Or do you want to be original? What can we as a magic community do to bring back the spark Street Magic used to have?

Later,
James
magicmanchris
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of magicmanchris
I like to do the card in hand(ellusionist) that gets good reactions for me.i also do here then there.i like to do magic that most people have not seen.
your magic is only real when you believe it's real.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I think we should come up with quick visual shockers! People out on the streets around the world are usually
engrossed with their own affairs, and if you bump into a willing spec, more often than not, they will in fact say "oh that Blaine thing".

What I am suggesting is stay away from Blaine stand outs such as BITE OUT COIN, THE BENT AMBITIOUS CARD.
Research , create or recreate magic.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Learn some basic sleight of hand that will facilitate vanishing, production, transposition, and transformation and apply that with a good presentation to whatever and wherever your imagination takes you.