The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Loop visibility (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Profile of Peter Morrissey
Apologies if this has been mentioned before...Anyone notice that if you buy a pack of loops, the material is black and non shiny for the most part. However I bought a spool of maseka I.T and it's very reflective, almost silver colour. My five year old said it best. "Hey, I can see the spiders web!"

It's so shiny it's useless. Anyone else expierence this?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Can you please tell us a little about your experience with IT, any form. I ask because there are rules as to when and where your can use IT in surroundings. IT has to do with light sources.
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Hi Bill, I have been using IT a while, boss reel, tarantula, loops. But this is the first time I've noticed this shining. To the point that it's been noticed in natural light, in door light (not direct) it just seems to shine! Apparently colouring with a Sharpie is an option, but that's a lot of work. Well maybe not but I'd rather not have too!
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2019, Peter Morrissey wrote:
Apologies if this has been mentioned before...Anyone notice that if you buy a pack of loops, the material is black and non shiny for the most part. However I bought a spool of maseka I.T and it's very reflective, almost silver colour. My five year old said it best. "Hey, I can see the spiders web!"

It's so shiny it's useless. Anyone else expierence this?

Peter,
I suggest using the "Threads, Reels, anchors" forums section at the bottom. You already have enough posts to access that section.
That’s where you will find the experts and experienced users of IT.
You question has been discussed there many times.
Ihor
Peter Morrissey
View Profile
Regular user
111 Posts

Will do!