The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: FLUX OR SIXTH SENSE 3.0 ? (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Fromentum
View Profile
Loyal user
281 Posts

Profile of Fromentum
That's the problem with rechargable build in battery packs.....they last around 6-8 years. (some fail already after 3-4 years and some last for over 10 years...) It's a gamble how long your tool will work ...

Flux as far as I know has replacable batteries.... much better in the long term.
I Believe In Magic
View Profile
New user
Kent, England
14 Posts

Profile of I Believe In Magic
Does anyone know of any uk retailers with Flux in stock at the moment?
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2024, Fromentum wrote:
That's the problem with rechargable build in battery packs.....they last around 6-8 years. (some fail already after 3-4 years and some last for over 10 years...) It's a gamble how long your tool will work ...

Flux as far as I know has replacable batteries.... much better in the long term.

Yes, Flux is soooo much better and Craig’s customer service is second to none.
I messaged Hugo twice and also tagged him on the FB group - absolutely no answer. My unit basically died after 3 years and I have no way of repairing it. I also contacted Penguin whom I bought it from and they just told me they can’t do anything, “but if there is anything else they can help with I shouldn’t hesitate”. What a joke. Vanishing definitely would have handled it differently.
KyleW
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of KyleW
I've had three Sixth Sense units over the years and have found Hugo's customer service a bit of a contradiction in terms; there's no service to speak of. Got a Flux recently and now wish I'd gone down this route ages ago.
benbv
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2448 Posts

Profile of benbv
Definitely not getting anything from Hugo again. Also managed to get his email shortly after my last comment and I emailed him (so like nearly 2 weeks ago) - also no answer. Which is just shocking as I was literally asking to pay to have my unit repaired, nothing more.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Definitely none of both… Scan 3D was the best device made ever (by Promystic), but currently they don‘t make them anymore. Hope they bring it or something similar back again … Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1428 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Jan, what do you prefer about Scan 3D over Flux?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4201 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Smaller, more sensitive, vibration not in the unit, easy to hide at/in the sleeve (wrist band), made for that… Flux is (only) commercial (successful), but then I prefer Hugo‘s 2.5… Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de