The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Luke Dancy DVD(Sweet or not?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Staggerlee
View Profile
New user
Chicago
61 Posts

Profile of Staggerlee
Looks sweet---are there any demos or actual reviews out there. I'm a little anal about purchasing--I like to be pretty informed that I'm getting a sweet DVD or product. Plus, learning from some young punk scares me---just joking Luke(I've seen you post). Also, has anyone seen Misprint---Luke will throw it in for five extra bucks if you make the DVD purchase at his site. Is it worth it?
Andy
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
I think Luke has some demos at his site or you can check out Penguin Magic for a few of his downloads. As for his DVD, I know there was a thread a while back (may be on the 2nd page by now). All of the comments were positive.

Misprint is cool and definitley worth the 5 bucks extra... For a great variation on the routine, check out our friend Kostya Kimlat's handling.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Get it , get it, get it. Like did a fantastic job on this DVD!!!!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Andy, if you really want a demo of something then get in touch with me and I'll see what I can do for you. If you want to read reviews I'll post a couple of the places that have given them below. If I can help you with anything else I'm only an e-mail away. Take care man.

Your friend in magic,
Luke Dancy
http://www.lukedancy.com

Here's a review from David Acer
http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/index.p......mp;cid=0

Here's a review from online-visions
http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0411magiceyes.html
steve proescher
View Profile
Regular user
Virginia Beach
147 Posts

Profile of steve proescher
I had the chance to see Luke this past weekend at our Ring's mini convention. Great card work and a great guy to boot. Way too much talent for a young guy Smile
His effects are very visual and interesting. His explanations are clear as a bell. In his hands, Misprint is awsome! $5 is a steal. Thanks again, Luke for coming to Va Beach.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I have to agree with Steve. I met Luke about a week ago at the area Ring meeting and his card work is simply awesome. Get it from him. Support the creators.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Get it now!

p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
HI,
Personaly I was not that immpressed, to me many of the counts/displays looked false/unatural also in real life situations particularly for those of you who only work for friends and family people are going to want to see the cards at the end of the effects and they will find the method.I must say nothing to do with content but I disliked the actual performance sections as they are silent (well apart from music)
If you work for magicians a lot you will probably like it
Phillip
Luke Dancy
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1162 Posts

Profile of Luke Dancy
Steve, it was wonderful meeting you on my trip to Virginia Beach. Your hospitality will always be remembered, you really made me feel at home and I appreciate your kind words about my work. Samuel, thank you also for the words about my work you should make it back to Charlotte sometime to hang out. Phillip I realize that you can't please everyone but I hope you got something from the DVD. The material is close to me of course and the reactions I get from laymen tell me I must be doing something right. Anyway, I hope the rest of you guys are leaving your spectators scratching their heads and wanting more.

Your friend in magic,
Luke Dancy
http://www.lukedancy.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Luke, please put out more material!!!

Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2004-05-10 15:57, S.Segal wrote:

Misprint is cool and definitley worth the 5 bucks extra... For a great variation on the routine, check out our friend Kostya Kimlat's handling.

S.Segal

S.Segal,

Where can one view Kostya Kimlat's handling on Misprint? If it was included in the instructions, by Luke, I'll just pull them out and read them again; if Kostya's handling in located elsewhere, I'd be grateful if you would advise as to that location.

Thanks for the info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Congratulations Luke. Fantastic magic!!!

More power and more magic!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-05-18 22:10, Turk wrote:
Quote:
On 2004-05-10 15:57, S.Segal wrote:

S.Segal

S.Segal,

Where can one view Kostya Kimlat's handling on Misprint? If it was included in the instructions, by Luke, I'll just pull them out and read them again; if Kostya's handling in located elsewhere, I'd be grateful if you would advise as to that location.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

Kostya sells his handling (as well as the Misprint gimmick) at his lectures. I will PM you his email address.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
neves710
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of neves710
Luke's stuff rocks. Buy anything this guy puts out. He puts a lot of time and thought into his magic.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-05-12 02:54, p.b.jones wrote:
HI,
Personaly I was not that immpressed, to me many of the counts/displays looked false/unatural also in real life situations particularly for those of you who only work for friends and family people are going to want to see the cards at the end of the effects and they will find the method.I must say nothing to do with content but I disliked the actual performance sections as they are silent (well apart from music)
If you work for magicians a lot you will probably like it
Phillip

Did you watch the same DVD I did? LUKE ROCKS!!!

neves710
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of neves710
You must not know what good magic is. Luke's stuff is really good.