The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: The Unexpected Visitor DVD - Coming Soon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
My url got deleted in my previous message. Just connect doug brewer magic as one word and you'll get it Smile

Doug
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1784 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Thanks, Doug. Looking forward to the DVD release. I'll be checking your website over the next week or so.
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
I recently watched this DVD before it went to the duplicators and was very impressed. As Doug has mentioned, it includes most of the material in the book (Chopped Taters and 3 Across The Fly were left out) as well as 3 new routines...

Wishing Cards: A nice, clean version of Andrus' "Miser's Miracle".

Payout: A great one at a time vanish of coins that have a killer reappearance.

And his version of Ramsey's "Coins and Cylinder". Although the Coins and Cylinder was performance only, it was fun to just sit back and watch.

I look forward to recieving my copy soon....

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
Accepting any preorders?
Chris S
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Chris S
Will be keeping an eye out for the DVD! Can you say why chopped taters was left out? I would have loved to see a performance of that effect.

Can we hope for any future releases in the coin area, Doug? The Unexpected Visitor book is a tour de force for anyone interested - you simply cannot go wrong with the routines within. I often think that its not so tough to come up with magical routines, but to come up with routines that are practical and not too tricky as well - that takes a special kind of guy. Doug has the gift.
May your moral compass guide you true - South West is where the honourable man fare. Pity those who lose their way...
Eric Grossman
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, MO
429 Posts

Profile of Eric Grossman
I just received the book yesterday. I read through it last night, but obviously I can't comment on the material, yet. It reads well, though. The illustrations are great, and the writing is easy to follow. I'll be taking this to Europe in June, and hopefully I'll have real opinions when I get back in July.

Eric Grossman
family/magic/music/life
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
No pre-orders yet - mostly because my website is being urgently updated as we speak.

My URL is now attached as my signature at the bottom if anyone is interested.

I thought very much about adding "chopped taters" to this, but I already have it on my lecture video. So instead, I thought I would add a couple new coin routines and a performance of coins & cylinder. That way, it stays completely "coins". The shelled version of 3 Across the Fly (a routine in The Unexpected Visitor) is on my Get Bent DVD as part of a signed bill routine.

Doug
FrontlineReady
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of FrontlineReady
The book is great. Full of wonderfull material but wasn't it produced by MagicSmith?
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Quote:
On 2004-05-18 18:05, FrontlineReady wrote:
The book is great. Full of wonderfull material but wasn't it produced by MagicSmith?

Yes.... the book was written by Doug, Illustrated by Tony Dunn, and published through MagicSmith...

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
This will be a great addition to anyone's DVD library. Smile
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
747 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Unexpected Visitor has been VERY popular in our shop. I guess that's because I promote it so much!

It really is a great book, and the coin work is a refreshing break from the standard slew of garbage gimmicky coin stuff out now.

Rest assured, Doug, I'll sell a ton of the new DVDs!

Ben S
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Anything by Doug is worth having!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Mike Walton
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
984 Posts

Profile of Mike Walton
Any word yet on the availability of this DVD?
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1142 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
Not yet - the duplicators said 10-15 working days, but I think the Memorial Day holiday may be slowing this down by a week. Probably end of next week they'll be available. Thanks for the interest!

Doug

UPDATE: Jun 25, 2004

They're in . . .