The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Puzzle me this... :: Searching For A Stage Puzzle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Does anyone know were to purchase the wooden puzzle frame trick? I "think" it may be called "puzzle of life" but I am not sure. Anyone know if any U.S. dealers carry this prop? I found this: http://www.zauberzentrale.de/shop/Sparte......%29.html

But the puzzle they are selling does not look like the wood versions in the videos they list.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cody S. Fisher

Feel free to PM me with suggestions...Thanks again for your time!
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The puzzle is based on Winston Freer's "Tile Deal." It's not that difficult to make, from wood, foamboard, or cardboard: https://www.magicnook.com/MiniMysteries/MM-04TileDeal.htm
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
I believe Steven's Magic carry's it.

Best

Steve
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Arguably the best version is from John Rogers.

The simple versions of this puzzle are indeed easily made, but the more sophisticated versions (such as Rogers') add a third-dimensional element that make them decidedly non-trivial.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1538 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
The "Puzzle of Life" and Winston Freer's "Tile Deal" are two completely different puzzle effects with two completely different methods.

Other than a smaller parlor version of the Puzzle of Life sold by Steven's Magic (for a higher asking price than Zauberzentral's stage version), I am not aware of a U.S. based source for the stage size Puzzle of Life. I ordered mine from Pegani.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.