The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Looking for a nice brass spiked coin version... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TomVDJ
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of TomVDJ
I'm looking for a nice brass version of the spiked coin version. The plastic ones are not really presentable, in my opinion. I now have an aluminium version which defenitely is better than the plastic ones, but I just love to have a brass one.

Is there someone who can give me a lead to a shop where I could buy one of these? Since I'm from Belgium, a shop in Europe or the UK would be perfect, but any lead to a brass version would be great!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I recall one being made about 40 years ago, I did not like the look of a silver coin in a brass round tube box. It did not stand out as much. I don't think it sold well.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1425 Posts

Profile of Jerry
I know they exists, because I have one.
It was made by the same company that made the snapper 2000 (also made of brass), which I purchased at the same time as spiked coin.

I just can not find the instructions that would hopefully tell who made it.

It's a beast, very heavy.
TomVDJ
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of TomVDJ
I know about the Bob Solari version, but that's almost impossible to find.

I think the snapper you're referring to is the one by Chazpro Magic?
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1425 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Okay, may be I have the Bob Solari version.
When I went to his website (Bob's), the aluminum version looks exactly like my brass spike coin box.
And Chazpro does not have a spike coin box, but they do have a wooden version of the snapper that matches my brass version perfectly. So I made mistaken on that (snapper relation).

It has been so long since I have purchase I just can recall where or who the vendor was.

I may purchase the aluminum version and switch the spikes. I like the contrast. And it will lessen the weight.

I will continue to search for the instructions to solve the mystery, but I think we have the answer. At least the spike coin I am in possession of.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Feb 4, 2019, TomVDJ wrote:
I know about the Bob Solari version, but that's almost impossible to find.

I think the snapper you're referring to is the one by Chazpro Magic?

It is on his website, http://www.bobsolarimagic.com/shop/Spike......&model=1

This one on his website is for quarters, and is made of aluminum. Easier to borrow a quarter then a half dollar these days.
TomVDJ
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of TomVDJ
That aluminum one is the one I have now, but quality of it is not that great. It is light-weight, however. And it also fits a Euro coin (which is just a mm smaller than a quarter), which is quite important in Europe Smile.
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1425 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Part of this mystery has been solved.
The snapper 2000 is a Chazpro item. I found the instructions for it.
Still looking Brass spiked origin.