The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: ESP ERROR by Ray Gordon (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3630 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
See it here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9388

This is advertised as an ESP Matching effect with a kicker ending. And that is exactly what it is! This is one of those effects that is so easy anyone can do it and it offers lots of possibilities to customize the routine to make it fit your personality (Comedy, Straight Prediction, etc.)

Standing on the shoulders of giants is fitting here as this effect utilizes techniques from others, but incorporates the ideas into a smooth and streamlined effect that in my opinion, makes it even better. If you are not familiar with the method, you will really like this one. If you are familiar with the techniques involved you will still benefit from the kicker ending idea.

This comes as a PDF and is priced right!

Highly Recommended
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
Thank you Rick.

Ray
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1194 Posts

Profile of dj
Here is my review.
So far, I have only read the manuscript and I have to say I like the method.
If you do the routine properly then you have a strong routine and the routine is very simple. No sleight of hand.

Ten unprepared envelopes and ten unprepared ESP cards are used. Nothing is prepared. No gimmicks.
Maybe someone will ask, why are the envelopes used, why not just ten cards?
The answer is, you have to use the envelopes even though the envelopes are unprepared.
ESP error is a nice and very simple mental routine.

Darko
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
Thank you Darko.

Here are still two more copys left for rewiewers, by interest pm me.

Ray
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
All review copys on the way to the reviewers.

Ray
phel
View Profile
New user
Germany
6 Posts

Profile of phel
The ad is accurate. It's a very nice routine, and I also believe that Ray's modification makes it stronger than the original. Very good thinking and easy to do. Everything is thouroughly explained and very detailed (even instructions to make your own envelopes and cards).

There are also different handlings and a very nice idea for comedy magic/comedy mentalism included. It's up to you to come up with other themes - there are many different possibilities, like using picture cards or some sort of crime story.

It's reasonably priced, although I could see this being part of a bigger work too.

I'm eager to see what Ray is up to next and will definitely invest in his future releases.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I can't add anymore than has already been said. I was sent a copy to review.

Very nice combination of ideas. A well constructed routine and one that will fit in many acts. Simple props to get. Nothing is gimmicked. And, as stated, you can change the outcome each time. As a matter of fact, if you make up two sets you could do something where you are testing a couple's intuition. The lady can get them all right and the guy just gets three... and you predicted everything.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
Thank you Felix and Greg.

And Greg, absolut nice idea to test a couple.

For all here a little early gift to Christmas.
You can purchase ESP ERROR, for two weeks, beginning on Dec. 21., for online 10 Dollars.

You can buy it than here:

www.lybrary.com/esp-error-p-922226.htm

or here:

www.penguinmagic.com/p/9388

or direct from me to the same price of 10 Dollars, beginning now.

PM for Details.

Ray
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Yes, a nice simple to perform mental routine using ordinary objects. Can also be customised to your liking. I will continue to play with it and see if anything more comes to mind regarding the core method. I like it.

JD
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
Thank you JD.

Ray
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
OK Guys and Gals, I got this and let me tell you it is a very good effect. The premise is an old one but Ray has updated it and given it an interesting twist. Plus a very good kicker. Basically you place five envelopes each containing an esp symbol on the table. You can have the participant shuffle them if you wish, but that really isn't necessary. As matter of fact, I suggest that you don't. There is no reason for it. What I do is I shuffle mine and let the participant shuffle hers. Oh yes, Before any shuffling happens,You give her another set of envelopes each containing the same five symbols and again they can shuffle, None of the shuffling is really necessary, but you might feel better if they do. Anyway, they place one of their envelopes down onto one of yours, and continue at random or following their intuition, until all five are placed on your five. You pick up each pair of envelopes, one pair at a time and when you take the symbols out of each pair they match...well, almost. Three of the five sets match, but not the other two. Oh well, that is 60% success rate. Better than Dr. Rhine had! But you are not done. There is one other envelope on the table. The participant opens the envelope and takes out a written prediction. And it tells the correct percentage that was reached AND also predicted the two mis marched sets. The reset takes a minute and you can repeat it with different results. It is not difficult. It will require a bit of practice, but in my opinion, anything that is worth performing takes practice. And this is worth performing.

You get 8 pages of clearly written instructions (although Ray's first language is not English, he does a great job), an envelope template and five printed ESP cards which you can print on card stock and cut out. They are nicely done. Or you can use your own ESP (Rhine) cards. You just need 2 sets of five each. You need to supply your own envelopes. But hey, come on. They are really cheap. But as I said, Ray gives you a template.

All in all, I think this is a fine effect. I am using it to open my close up show. You can do it strolling if there are tables of the people don't mind using their hands as table. I have done they with other effects and the people don't mind at all.

Is it worth the $15.00? Oh yea, it really is!
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
Thank you Tony.

Ray
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1600 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
Duplicate post.Sorry!
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4203 Posts

Profile of JanForster
So, even I chime in now. I received one set as well, and there is not much to add: It is a really very well thought out routine and a clever handling. I really like it, also as you can customise it. For the asked prize you cannot do anything wrong. Get it, I recommend it and have fun! Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
Thank you Jan.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13015 Posts

Profile of John C
I bought it a few months ago. I like it.
RG
View Profile
New user
Berlin/Germany
21 Posts

Profile of RG
Thank you John.

Ray
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
I echo all the accolades from above. I use a sight modification. I have three sets of cards - one is preloaded in my envelopes. I set my envelopes down in an order I know. After "shuffling" I place each of my cards in the appropriate envelope. The spectator shuffles theirs and places one in each of their envelopes, then randomly places their envelopes on mine. Same reveal process. Overkill or another layer of misdirection?