The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: TT Capacity (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
HenryleTregetour
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of HenryleTregetour
Hey all,

I have a question about the capacity of TT's. This comes from some recent investigation (ie. playing with) my collection of TTs (mostly standard hard plastic Vernets with various diameters and lengths).

I have read about people hiding multiple coins, producing very large silks, etc. But after playing around some time I noticed that only a couple of very awkward, large/long tips were able to accommodate such feats.

Its not that I don't believe people do these things, but it is somewhat baffling, especially for a guy with small hands.

Does anyone want to comment?

Henry
Dustin Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1006 Posts

Profile of Dustin Baker
There's more than one digit on your hand, and most of them are smaller than your thumb. . . try one of those.
I often use a Vernet King on my index or middle finger. It gives me a lot more room, and it makes the removal much more natural.
Think inside the box. . . it's less crowded.
HenryleTregetour
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Thanks Dustin.

Of course the REALLY BIG Vernet has lots of room. But it doesn't work for smaller hands, or at least would seem to be the case. My own experimentation with it is that, because of its diameter, it slips off.

HLT
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Couple of alternatives to possible consider, Henry.

!st, hank ball. You don't see it used a lot nowadays.....but it is great once you get the hang of it. I vanish a 24" silk, bigger than any TT can handle I think.

There is also something called a Fujiwara Gimmick. It is a multi digit gimmick and works for different items such as coins.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2018, Zauberman wrote:
There is also something called a Fujiwara Gimmick. It is a multi digit gimmick and works for different items such as coins.

That was my first thought. Also, with small fingers, why not try a Sanada gimmick? It would hide a coin or two in finger palm easily. I hold sponge balls and rubber bands using one (different effects) Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
HenryleTregetour
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Thanks. I will check these gimmicks out. The Mark Wilson book also has a substitute,a small canister, which is connected to a more complex apparatus which I will not detail.

Henry
HenryleTregetour
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Dustin wrote: "There's more than one digit on your hand, and most of them are smaller than your thumb. . . try one of those."

I did, and those definitely have possibilities.

Thanks.

Henry
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have read that coins can be produced as well, but when I got the booklet, it turns out they were only using dimes.

Have you tried the folding half or quarter, with your small hands it should be easy for you.

When loaded, the device does not have to fully be fitted on the hand.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
There are three Vernet's that I use a lot. The classic mostly, then the king which is longer for a larger load. You can easily put a 12" diamond cut in a king and it looks like an 18" silk or if your fit is perfect you put an 18" diamond in a king size. The 18" diamond looks like a 24" square. I also occasionally use what Vernet calls a little t. Another option for coins if you handle them well is to slit the end of the tt. I use a dollar bill to 2 2 halves transposition you can also do a bill to 4 quarters transposition. You must handle correctly to avoid the flash. Vernet has an XXL and its just too big for me.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As I read these posts, my thoughts say, these guys need some handling training. David Williamson 3rd DVD called the Magic Farm, he removes the cap from a Bic pen, dumps out two dimes and nickel. Then he reverses the effect. He shows his handling, and hopefully, you will learn certain things about how to wear the TT that is preloaded.
Wx4usa
View Profile
Regular user
198 Posts

Profile of Wx4usa
The Patrick Page tt DVD is probably the best bang for the buck. A real classic. There are two or three real gems in there among a bunch of basic handling methods.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I can remember using a standard TT to produce a larger silk by gluing a corner of it at the very bottom, then handling the TT more like a Dye Tube. Would that help?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1359 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I'm working on a silk routine now and needed a bigger tip like the bigger Vernets, but one that fits on my middle finger. I used one made for hiding a goldfish. works great, it's long but you mostly keep it curled in to palm, etc so it's not noticable. I sanded down the edges cause they are thick vinyl/plastic. Another option is a Square-ish tip you can get from Propdog, or you can make your own by melting slightly and shaping it - they explain it on a free video on their website. Very cool uses for them, such as bigger coins and markers.
Wez_Evans
View Profile
New user
Lancashire, UK
52 Posts

Profile of Wez_Evans
Dave Bosnall at propdog does a stretched TT.

https://www.propdog.co.uk/stretched-thum......mb%20tip
GReed3649
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of GReed3649
Vernet's XXL is the only tt I’ve found that works well for my rather large hands. Fortunately for me, the XXL fits and works beautifully and as an added bonus, I can vanish fairly large objects. My "go to" vanish is a bright pink 12" silk, it’s my absolute favorite trick. Followed closely by dime and penny, which I can easily vanish with the XXL and wind up mostly clean.