The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Loaded Dice by Alan Wakeling (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2204 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
George is pretty peeved to say the least about the TCC version. Especially since Loaded Dice is still sold by Viking. This is an Alan Wakeling/Jim Steinmeyer effect. Viking went as far as to actually register the copyright to the routine, the number is included on authentic instructions. Simply copyrighting something is not the same as a Registered copyright. The method with the TCC version is the same as the Loaded Dice, not Flash Dice. Flash Dice leans more towards the Sure Shot Dice box.

This is from the Viking Magic website:

ATTENTION: We have been informed that a Chinese knock-off of our Loaded Dice is making the rounds called The Kirin Dice Box made by TCC. They do NOT have permission to make their version which is a direct copy of ours. Please support original thought.
Licensed Steve Dusheck Manufacturer and distributor visit www.airshipmagic.com
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Seems like Kirin Dice has some features and effects that can’t be accomplished with Loaded Dice, so it’s not actually a direct copy. Having said that, it would have been nice if TCC had contacted CW before putting it out.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2204 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2024, NicholasD25 wrote:
Seems like Kirin Dice has some features and effects that can’t be accomplished with Loaded Dice, so it’s not actually a direct copy. Having said that, it would have been nice if TCC had contacted CW before putting it out.

I have both, as a matter of fact I have 5 Loaded Dice boxes in my collection. It is a direct copy of Viking/CW. Anything that can be done with the Kirin box can be done with Loaded Dice. You can't skirt the original with a copy of something just by adding new handling or a routine. I have a routine called "Sliding Dice" I do with the CW/Viking box, the routine doesn't make it any less a Viking/CW piece nor does the Kirin routines.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2024, Mad Jake wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2024, NicholasD25 wrote:

I have both, as a matter of fact I have 5 Loaded Dice boxes in my collection. It is a direct copy of Viking/CW. Anything that can be done with the Kirin box can be done with Loaded Dice. You can't skirt the original with a copy of something just by adding new handling or a routine.

You can’t let the spectator turn the Loaded Dice box any way they want or shake it without changing one of the rows of dice. You can do that with the Kirin Dice box.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2204 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
[/quote]
You can’t let the spectator turn the Loaded Dice box any way they want or shake it without changing one of the rows of dice. You can do that with the Kirin Dice box. [/quote]

I don't know what Loaded Dice box you are using, but I just sat here and did what you described and nothing changed. And even if that were true, that doesn't lend any support
for copying a product of another creator. It's almost like you are trying to justify it. If it was a whole different method that's one thing, but it's not.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Veteran user
382 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
Just pointing out differences, not saying it was the right thing to do