The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Reed McClintock's Defiance (or similar)? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Alyx
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Alyx
Hi all,

I'm new here. I'm a stay at home mom who used to work as a busker and before that worked lightly as a restaurant/bar magician. I need to get out of the house and want to make some money for my family, and Magic is calling my name (again). I'm putting together a few sets, and I really want to do a ninja rings routine.

Years ago I spent some time with Reed McClintock, and he heavily influenced my taste in magic. I've never forgotten his ring routine (it was the first ninja ring routine I ever saw). In fact, I've joined Magic Café just so I can ask you all for help -- and I'll be happy to contribute as I can Smile.

So, any idea where I could find a copy of his rings manuscript, Defiance? I remember it was pulled from the market shortly after he released it (and confusingly to everyone I talk to today, he released a cups and balls routine under the name Defiance II -- which is not what I'm looking for). Any leads at all? His internet presence has completely dried up, and I don't know how to contact him, and it's otherwise super rare.

If no one can help with Defiance, any other thoughts for developing a 4 ring ninja ring routine using a lighter touch (i.e. leaning towards Cellini rather than Messado or Shoot Ogawa). I want it to be conversational, but also more mystical than sharp and aggressive (i.e. tons of crash links).
Thanks so much!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Hi Alyx

Welcome and the best of luck with your ventures. I would recommend you look into the work of Michael O'Brien, e.g. here: http://www.obrienmagic.com/downloads.html
the Ninja rings abridged has a nice easy pace to it - see what you think.
Charlie
Alyx
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of Alyx
Hi Puggo, thank you for sharing that! I really enjoy the simplicity and clarity of the routine, and it does indeed carry the pace I have in mind. I think I'm going to buy Mr. O'Brien's download and see where it goes. Thank you again for reaching out with help. Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1695 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2018, Alyx wrote:
Hi all,

I'm new here. I'm a stay at home mom who used to work as a busker and before that worked lightly as a restaurant/bar magician. I need to get out of the house and want to make some money for my family, and Magic is calling my name (again). I'm putting together a few sets, and I really want to do a ninja rings routine.

Years ago I spent some time with Reed McClintock, and he heavily influenced my taste in magic. I've never forgotten his ring routine (it was the first ninja ring routine I ever saw). In fact, I've joined Magic Café just so I can ask you all for help -- and I'll be happy to contribute as I can Smile.

So, any idea where I could find a copy of his rings manuscript, Defiance? I remember it was pulled from the market shortly after he released it (and confusingly to everyone I talk to today, he released a cups and balls routine under the name Defiance II -- which is not what I'm looking for). Any leads at all? His internet presence has completely dried up, and I don't know how to contact him, and it's otherwise super rare.

If no one can help with Defiance, any other thoughts for developing a 4 ring ninja ring routine using a lighter touch (i.e. leaning towards Cellini rather than Messado or Shoot Ogawa). I want it to be conversational, but also more mystical than sharp and aggressive (i.e. tons of crash links).
Thanks so much!

Hi Alyx, I picked this up from Reed right before it was pulled off the market. Few years later met him at a lecture and ask him to sign it. Before he did, He offered to buy it back from me for a rather high price, I declined, he was nice enough to signed it anyway. You can sometimes catch him on Facebook. If you want to try there.
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products