The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Once upon a time... :: Kennard's mystery box (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
I am thinking of getting this and trying to think of a story to go with it. I do period magic - gold rush and renaissance fair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xQlwAQi6wo
Emory Kimbrough
View Profile
New user
Tuscaloosa, AL
94 Posts

Profile of Emory Kimbrough
Something similar to the King Arthur legend, with "whoever can remove the ring from the box..." instead of "whoever can remove the sword from the stone..."
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2018, Emory Kimbrough wrote:
Something similar to the King Arthur legend, with "whoever can remove the ring from the box..." instead of "whoever can remove the sword from the stone..."

Thanks!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
I had a couple of thoughts after watching the video...

"There are many legends and stories, my friends, about magic rings. From the legendary ring that Solomon used to control infernal spirits, to the ill-fated ring tossed into a volcano by a couple of vertically challenged heroes. I would like to tell you of a ring owned by my predecessor, a wizard named...."

"Ladies and gentlemen, I know you're all here for the gold. I would like to tell you of a metal more precious than any gold you'll find. Trynoscamium is so rare that it can only be found in one, secret location (maps available from me after the demonstration) and has some truly amazing properties. Madam, would you say that this small hoop of Trynoscamium is completely solid?"
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2018, Rook wrote:
I had a couple of thoughts after watching the video...

"There are many legends and stories, my friends, about magic rings. From the legendary ring that Solomon used to control infernal spirits, to the ill-fated ring tossed into a volcano by a couple of vertically challenged heroes. I would like to tell you of a ring owned by my predecessor, a wizard named...."

"Ladies and gentlemen, I know you're all here for the gold. I would like to tell you of a metal more precious than any gold you'll find. Trynoscamium is so rare that it can only be found in one, secret location (maps available from me after the demonstration) and has some truly amazing properties. Madam, would you say that this small hoop of Trynoscamium is completely solid?"

cool!
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
What I am working on is not really a story. The theme is that, like most people, I have a junk drawer. I pull various small objects out of the box - paper clip, rubber band, key, battery, button, etc. - and also mention that the drawer has expired credit cards, old driver's licenses, old dr appt cards, etc. I say I'm having trouble finding the ring. Then I say "Duh, I have a magic wand!" I use the wand to pull out the ring. That's what I have so far.