The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Silk to Egg (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, mikenewyork wrote:
Anyone know a good place to buy the “holes” for a realistic look? I’ve seen ones that look like a silk coming out of the hole but can’t find them anywhere

Those are usually made by the magician how has them. They are not easy to make.

The only magic dealer that sells them with his egg is Viking Magic. It is a round circle of silk, if you thinking, silk corner sticking out, no one has ever put these on the market.
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
Gotcha Bill. I think Dan’s idea will work pretty well. Thanks for the help
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I use Rubber Cement. It rubs clean off the egg.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
mikenewyork
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mikenewyork
Hey Bob. You put rubber cement on the back of a piece of silk?
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:

The only magic dealer that sells them with his egg is Viking Magic. It is a round circle of silk, if you thinking, silk corner sticking out, no one has ever put these on the market.

We've been making and selling these for years Bill: https://www.propdog.co.uk/silky-sticker
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Our Dovelite Ceramic Eggs are back in stock. We have both the Sucker Silk to Egg and the Walk-Around Silk to Egg and in both white and brown eggs. They come with two 18" DoveLite silks.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
kjones069
View Profile
New user
St Petersburg
7 Posts

Profile of kjones069
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2021, Bob Sanders wrote:
Our Dovelite Ceramic Eggs are back in stock. We have both the Sucker Silk to Egg and the Walk-Around Silk to Egg and in both white and brown eggs. They come with two 18" DoveLite silks.

Hi Bob, please can you briefly explain the difference between the two and how much each costs and how to order from you, thank you in advance.
DanielCardini
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of DanielCardini
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2020, Bonz wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2020, Bill Hegbli wrote:

We've been making and selling these for years Bill: https://www.propdog.co.uk/silky-sticker

Thanks, that was great to know, looks really good.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Kjones069,

Thank you for asking.

I'm the importer! Of course, we have the Silk to Eggs in stock. They come several ways. Egg colors are white and brown. (White is the most popular in most of the USA.)
There are two versions.

There is the Regular set with props for the classic Sucker Silk to Egg. It comes with the egg and two 18" DoveLite silks and matching stickers. These are $30.

The better deal is the Walk-Around version. You get everything in the set above plus the walk-around set has instructions for my Walk-Around routine that resets and an extra matching egg. It is $35. I actually hand these eggs to the volunteer who is seated at the table.

Shipping on either is $8.85 in the USA.

Choices in silk colors are:
Two single color: Red, Green, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Pink, and Bright Green

Two Reds (For Whit Hayden's routine on the net)
Two Blues (for some reason, the current "hot" color)
Currently there is an interest in Green for Green eggs and Ham.

You'll love the silk prices from the importer rather than the jobber or retailer.

Since I am not a retailer, I can take cash, checks and money orders made to Bob Sanders or PayPal at email Amazedwiz@yahoo.com

This egg can also be used to vanish 18" square silks that won't fit a thumb tip. (This is important for 20th Century Silks!) These eggs will also hold a 24” square silk. (They will also hold 6 of the super soft 2” sponge balls.)

You can also vanish a 24" diamond cut silk that looks 36" square in this thumb tip! (That really bothers other magicians who think you thumb tipped it.)

Thanks again far asking.

Bob

Bob Sanders
DoveLite Silk
Magic Valley Ranch
395 County Road 478
Clanton, AL 35046-3213 U.S.A.
(205) 755-6882 Ranch
(334) 412-5789 Cell
Amazedwiz@yahoo.com
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Mark Wilson's version very practical. Vernet's is great for stage use.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I did Silk to Egg combined with 20th Century Silk in my stage show last week. That particular routine there is called "I Don't Do Blue Material". I have performed it for many years. (Years ago I even sold it. The BEST 20th Century Silks are no longer made. The manufacturer in China changed businesses. They are not available for import.)

We still sell the ceramic egg in both white and brown eggs. They will hold a 24" square silk or 5 sponge balls.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Micha-el
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Micha-el
In the March 1978 issue of Genii Magazine, Topper Martin explains the method that Fred Culpit used to make the egg for this trick. I made one and used it for years before buying the Viking egg.
Regards,
Barry Moran
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Since my ceramic eggs are no longer available new to dealers, I was very surprised to see my used eggs being sold for $75 at the Winter Carnival of Magic. Apparently people did not know they can still get them from us new. The Sucker version is $30 and the Walk-Around version is $35. We also sell them at our booths and at lectures when we are vendors. It indicates that they are a good investment as a magic prop too. Thank you.

We quit selling them to dealers because some dealers were switching our DoveLite silks out of the sets for cheaper silks. We cannot risk our reputation for that. Professional magicians all over the world still get them directly from us. (Unfortunately, good dealers get harmed by the few dealers who lack integrity. We wish that were not true. Buyers beware.)

Enjoy your silk and egg magic.
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
The Silk to Egg is 1 of the highlights of my comedy corporate shows and plays so well,

1 problem is now getting white eggs for visibility so I now
spraypaint my brown eggs to the exact colour I need ,takes about 20 mins to dry with a fine matt white finish and looks great so I can now use these anywhere and don't need to hunt white eggs etc especially when out of town for shows.
The other thing I have done is spray my ceramic egg fakes exactly the same white so theres no variation and it works a treat.. I don't use stickers as the hole but actual silk cut off on paper on blu tak for ease of peeling and looks so realistic.

Click here to view attached image.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
We have white ceramic eggs that really fool audiences. I even hand my eggs to the volunteer. (They are also the right weight!)
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com