The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All in the cards :: Having trouble culling w/ Con Cam Coincidencia (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tugboat
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
1 Post

Profile of Tugboat
Hey guys - I'm new to all of this and have been working on Con Cam Coincidencia. The one part that trips me up sometimes is when it comes to the cull, and my target cards are all towards the bottom of the (face-up) stack and/or next to each other. How do I deal with making a packet out of half of the deck (first cut), then have a bunch of smaller packets subsequently. Seems weird from a spectator's POV. Any suggestions?
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Learn how to do it from the creator: https://www.artofmagic.com/products/c3
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Michigan
2903 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Mr. Wilson explains most of this in the video.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Not sure if I am understanding this or not, but I'll give it a try...….if I have one big packet (or two) and two or three smaller ones, I will wait until they are laying on the table and then say something like "ok, now we have four fairly even packets" or words to that effect. Someone will then disagree or comment on the size of the packets, and I then (or sometimes let the specs) take an amount off of the biggest packet and even it out. It actually makes it seem more random when that happens.
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
Tugboat, Mr. Wilson covers the fact what to do if the selections are close or next to each other. So no problem there. With your other problem, if the selections are all close together towards the bottom: That is actually not covered in the explanations. So I would make no big deal out of it , just make a big packet and 3 small ones and distribute the Cards from the big packet to the small packets and pretend with your Body language that this is exactly what was supposed to happen. In the worst case cut the cards after a while, then the selections will be around in the middle or you could give them a good Shuffle...and start the process again...
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
If you have Steve Beam's Vol 8 Semi-Auto. Card Tricks, page 159, there is a similar trick/version of R. Paul Wilson that does not require the "....". It's called The Con-Cam Coincidence. I believe Shin Lim used a version of this method.
BWind