The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: Refrigerator Escape (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Hi All:

Still trying to work out an effect for my new novel. Had asked earlier about escaping a morgue drawer and got some good suggestions, but I need to refine it a bit. Seems it might be similar to escaping from an old style latch door refrigerator--escaping cold (sorry!) without prepreping.

Any help on this or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks much!

gary
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Is it for a magical effect, or is it a deathtrap? My answer will be different depending.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
gmeister
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of gmeister
Not really magic although any escape skills could be used. It's for my novel's protagonist who is accidently locked in while eluding some people.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Have him peal out the insulation from the back section, then unscrew the back panel. In reality that would not work, but it will do for fiction.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
Mortuary refrigerators usually have a safety push button door release on the inner surface of the door, to prevent maintenance technician accidental lock-in.

Riley
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2018, Cliffg37 wrote:
Have him peal out the insulation from the back section, then unscrew the back panel. In reality that would not work, but it will do for fiction.

Or have him break open front interior panel of the door. He’d then be able to unscrew the latch from the inside.

Otherwise might be able to “loid” the latch...slipping thin piece of celluloid or metal through the seal and pushing the latch back until door opens.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Swansea UK
955 Posts

Profile of Riley
As I said above....you cannot be accidentally locked in a mortuary refrigerator.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
"Touched by an Angle" had a guy in Wisconsin escape from a refrigerator at the bottom of a swimming pool.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.