The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Penny for your thoughts :: Bruce Bernstein - Unreal Videos? (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I may be wrong (usually am!) but I thought I remember Madison H posted a video of his performance of this...but that was several years ago. I work as a TV producer and each new season, I perform this effect for everyone on the crew before we begin production. I talk about how the show will be successful if everyone makes good decisions, and then go around the room, having them all make a decision. When the envelopes are opened, it reveals the name of our show. Everyone flips out!! It's always a big hit!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18089 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2023, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
I may be wrong (usually am!) but I thought I remember Madison H posted a video of his performance of this...but that was several years ago. I work as a TV producer and each new season, I perform this effect for everyone on the crew before we begin production. I talk about how the show will be successful if everyone makes good decisions, and then go around the room, having them all make a decision. When the envelopes are opened, it reveals the name of our show. Everyone flips out!! It's always a big hit!

THIS makes me smile!!!!!!! Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1753 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
I definitely have a video of me performing it at a school event from several years ago. It's a strong routine that I have used a ton. Easily customizable to fit any theme.

Madison
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1568 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Yeah, I remember enjoying it!
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Re ‘eat at Joe’s’

I seem to remember someone released an alternative handling of some sort that slightly better obscured the method and mixing. Can anyone recall who released it and/or where I might find it?

It’s a great ‘lost luggage’ routine for when baggage goes astray.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5938 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Potentially D**g Dy**** is the person you seek. And if it wasn’t him, he may know the answer.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2023, Tom Cutts wrote:
Potentially D**g Dy**** is the person you seek. And if it wasn’t him, he may know the answer.

That was exactly it. The real thing. Thanks.
MysticJohn
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of MysticJohn
Bought the book on its original release, it truly is an amazing book. Eat at Joes is a fabulous routine. The reason you probably don't see any video is nobody wants to let the cat out of the bag lol.
Bruces work is astounding, you cant go wrong with this book.
Tim Novy
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of Tim Novy
I also performed Eat at Joe's quite a few times. One night I had a ten minute slot in a gala show and I thought the routine would rock the house. When it came to the mixing part, the spectator told me that exchanging the one envelope for the next won't change the order. I was so perplexed that I offered to put the second envelope on top of the pile first. Unfortunately that does change the order quite a bit, so I messed up my ten minutes. That was the last time I performed it. Nowadays I use Chris Carters Mental Scrabble which is an extremely good substitute.
Presarian
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of Presarian
Gem is here
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
13023 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2023, Tom Cutts wrote:

yea, it was him