The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Mentally Speaking :: Pathfinder index system review request (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The_MetalMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
Indiana
333 Posts

Profile of The_MetalMaster
Stumbled upon this yesterday on the Taylor Imagineering site and thought it looked very interesting. I’ve been using a billet index for a few years now but only for the basic Annemann effect which is very strong. Lately I’ve been using it for the Germaine Gem but this particular index looks like it would give me way more selections to force. Does anybody else on here have any experience with this system and the effects included?
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Im interested in reviews of this too as there are quite a few good indexes out there used for cards which can also be used for billets i.e Q by Cosmo Solano and a couple of Tony Miller index systems.

Dr Rob
Yepski
View Profile
Regular user
186 Posts

Profile of Yepski
I have it and both the product and instruction are great. I bought it last year when it was called T.I.D. (If I remember correctly) and back then you had to purchase the Time of death routine separately. Any specific questions I might be able to answer for you?
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2321 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
The actual physical index provided with the system is a new design not available previously. The important point however, is that the index is NOT the main feature of this offering. The design of the index was modified from my Expanded Annemann Index to better facilitate the application of my Taylor Index Decoding System (TIDS). It is the SYSTEM that is the star here. The standard approach to the use of an index, be it for playing cards or billets, has always been to facilitate to prediction of a single piece of information such as a Zodiac sign, playing card, time of day, etc. and the index I provide with Pathfinder will permit that. My system moves beyond this. I can't explain here exactly how the system works but suffice to say that for the first time, you can predict things like, the eact time of death of 4 different "victims"; which colour crayon will be used for which part of a drawing -- no electronics Smile ; which of 4 people will sit in which chair; much more.

I've been asked for more details on how the system achieves these routines so you will find info on just how the system works here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=82

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4194 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I picked this up from Christopher at Blackpool. I absolutely love this system. The props themselves are top quality but the system is awesome. It is extremely easy to decode some pretty complex info on the fly. I set this up for the colour match routine and within minutes I could quickly and confidently locate the correct billet every single time. I love the colour match routine, it has a big advantage over the expensive electronics versions in that you tell them what they are going to colour in before they select the crayon. The watches that are supplied for the time of death routine are absolutely beautiful. That particular routine doesn’t suit my style but I will instead use photos of my children and have the watches represent their times of birth. I have the added advantage that I have their times of birth tattoo’d but not linked to their names so I can even incorporate that into the story if I so choose.

I love this so much I’m likely to get another set so I can have colour match set up in one pocket and maybe the time of birth routine set up in the other pocket.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Derek Knight
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Derek Knight
Hi all,

I've spent a long time lurking on these forums, I guess it's about time that I contribute something. I'm actually Christopher's assistant, and I build many of the TI products that go out the door, so I'm happy to answer any questions that you might have. We just recently added instructions for a colour match routine online for Pathfinder, but here is a video clip of me demonstrating the routine at Blackpool this year. It's not very polished as it was my second time ever performing it, but it should get the idea across:

https://youtu.be/Cz6JHKwob7c

Cheers,
Derek
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2321 Posts

The routine Derek mentions is a really nice idea. He was inspired by the recent "grownup coloring book" fad. It is a really straight forward color-match style routine (with no electronics) that is perfect for walk around.

Christopher

Click here to view attached image.
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Hi Derek,
Great routine!
Is there a reason why your paper looks like plastic? If so can you share this?

Brehan
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
745 Posts

Profile of ed wood
Is this a quartered, business card/playing card style of index?
Can it be bought without the watches?
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2321 Posts

The index is made from super tough x-ray film and is based somewhat on the Annemann design but significantly modified to facilitate my decoding system. Here is a photo.

CT

Click here to view attached image.
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2321 Posts

Quote:
On May 14, 2019, brehan wrote:
Hi Derek,
Great routine!
Is there a reason why your paper looks like plastic? If so can you share this?

Brehan

Derek printed his billets on glossy presentation paper; it is not plastic.

CT
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.