The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Ideas anyone? For a FUN way to reveal a baby's gender... (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Hi!

(I hope this is the right place to post this!)

I just booked a small gig (a family party, booked by the grandmother), where the gender of the grandmothers grand baby will be revealed. The baby's gender will be kept a secret to everyone, except the grandmother. She booked me for the event to do magic (of course!), but to also reveal the gender to everyone, in a fun and magical way, as a finale to my performance. So I'm currently brainstorming for a way to do this.

Looking for ANY ideas! Smile

Thank you in advance!

-Doug
"Bringing magic to life."

www.DougRoyMagic.com
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
You could use Haim Goldenberg's Cryptext (http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10771). Use a few people in the audience to create a number, then you say you e-mailed the baby and asked it for its favorite number and then reveal that the two numbers match. Turn over the number and it says "It's A Girl" or "It's a Boy"
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Thank you!! I'll look into that! Smile

I've been leaning toward putting a doll (the babys gender) into my rabbit production box, and after showing it empty... having the couple open the box for the reveal.
Simple and direct, but... VERY open to other creative options! Smile

Thanks again!

-Doug

www.DougRoyMagic.com
DougRoy
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of DougRoy
Well "Mediocre".... you're definitely NOT mediocre to me! I will be using Cryptext!!

Here's the routine I will be doing:

https://vimeo.com/59934065

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

-Doug

www.DougRoyMagic.com
The_Mediocre_Gatsby
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of The_Mediocre_Gatsby
No worries Doug. Good luck with the presentation. I hope they love it.
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
Doug, I know you did this awhile ago, but how did the routine play out? I have a close family friend that requested I do something similar for them. Did you end up going ahead with Cryptext?
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
For years and years it was a pendulum to detect the gender. That was the main presentation for a pendulum trick.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
If it's a girl I would come out with the sign that is partially covered and only reveal the title boy and when the whole sign is removed it will say oh boy it's a girl. If it's a boy I would present the first letter with a big capital G and then when I opened up the sign it would say great it's a boy.

Good magic to all,

Eric
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
That's a good one. Is it original or does it go back a ways? Just curious.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Snowstorm. Blue confetti for a boy, pink for a girl. Everyone can make a circle around the soon to be proud parents
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I like the snowstorm idea Joe!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
321 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
It's a.....

THEY!

Congratulations