The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Going for the 'Gold' :: Applause and Thanks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
kimwizard
View Profile
New user
Muscatine, Iowa USA
48 Posts

Profile of kimwizard
Regarding receiving applause and replying. When do you say thank you to an audience? Some seem to never say it. Others, only occasionally during a performance. Is after every effect performed too much? This is a subject I've not seen discussed in print and would very much like to hear opinions on the subject.
Thanks,
Kim Meacham
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of Anatole
I'm surprised that no one has responded to this thread.

I thank each volunteer who participates in my act and as the volunteer returns to her seat, I thank her and encourage the audience to applaud for her. My final bows at the end of the show/act are a way of saying "Thank you"--and I make sure to bow to all sides of the audience, looking directly at a few specific faces, saying a soft "Thank you" which isn't really audible above the (hopefully) thunderous applause. If I am part of a line-up of acts in a longer show, during the final applause I say "Thank you very much--and enjoy the rest of the show."

To a certain extent, it is the audience who thanks the entertainer; and the entertainer--by his/her bows--is saying "It is I who thank _you_ for spending your valuable time with me!"

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez