The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: D'lite Technical Issue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
deerbourne
View Profile
Regular user
Centennial, CO
174 Posts

Profile of deerbourne
I know I remember seeing a post on this one but I can't seem to find it.

I just got a second D'lite to go with the one I already had. The new one has a metal wire instead of the plastic disk and the former one is too sensitive. Any tips on making this work well so it doesn't blow a performance?

Deerbourne
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
I've spent more time with D-Lites than I care to remember or admit

The one with the wire is the older version (haven't seen them much in the past 6 months),

if the one with the plastic disc seems too sensitive you can try not putting your thumb in so deep/far

I don't suggest trying to pry the wire under the disc up off the battery for more play but if that's your last resort ....

Also the one with the wire, you can replace the battery when it goes dim, use an exacto knife to get under the battery. If I remember it is a CR5 battery, any watch shop will have one
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24317 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
In spite of the fact that someone deleted my first response -- Practice -- which was not made in jest, but in dead seriousness -- I'll give you the rest of the answer. Even though you probably won't like it any more than you did my first one.

When you have two pieces of equipment that respond differently, you have three choices:
1) Learn to use both pieces and deal with it.
2) Repair the pieces so they respond the same
3) Replace one or both of the pieces with items that function the same.

If D'Lite cost a lot of money, which it doesn't, then the obvious answers would be 2 and 1, in that order. But D'Lites are cheap. You can buy them in kiosks in Las Vegas, for Pete's sake. Replace them with a pair that work the same.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1796 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Bill-

Well said!!

Pick up 2 new Dlites-Problem solved

If possible try them before purchase & pick up a spare as well!!