The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: Inexpensive Jumbo Decks (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DaKine Oregon
View Profile
New user
Medford, Oregon
50 Posts

Profile of DaKine Oregon
American Science & Surplus is currently selling Jumbo Size Card Decks (5 3/4 inches X 3 3/4 inches)in decks of 54 at a price of 2 decks for $3.95 + S&H. No idea about quality. https://www.sciplus.com/jumbo-size-cards-50423-p Folks in Chicago or Milwaukee can probably find them in stores there. BTW, their catalog descriptions are funny, and they are a fun site to look around if you're wanting to invent an effect: all kinds of boxes, bags, jars, etc., neodymium and other magnets, tools and more.
Jeremy Soon
View Profile
New user
Malaysia
14 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Soon
Thanks! I was looking around for jumbo cards and 2 decks for $3.95 is a good deal. Might have to buy and see how's the quality.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've seen jumbo Hoyle decks at Dollar Tree - twice the size of a poker deck.
dclxvinyc
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of dclxvinyc
Jumbo decks have caught on in a lot of retail stores in Florida. I've been seeing them pop up both CVS, which sells the Bicycle brand jumbos, and at Tractor Supply, Marshalls and Home Goods in the "impulse-buy" racks.

Recently I've been using an oversized deck of tarot cards. I originally got them for my online readings because they were more visible, but there are a lot of applications in magic.
Alexander2701
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of Alexander2701
I have been looking for these cards for a long time, but I couldn’t afford them, but at such a price I would gladly buy
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Special user
Within the shadows
587 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
I've seen these at the Dollar General (which is now the 1.25 General. The quality was just okay.
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
760 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2022, pulpscrypt wrote:
I've seen these at the Dollar General (which is now the 1.25 General. The quality was just okay.

I believe you are referring to dollar tree, I bought several of those jumbos
to make a set of "hold it buster!" by dan harlan.

They are fine for that purpose, cheap and the right size, but there is a lot of blemishes in printing
and they're a little flimsy,

So "the quality is just okey" is an accurate statement, fine for what I use it for though.
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
I have self laminated these cards - Improves the handling and stiffness.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2022, pulpscrypt wrote:

Be sure to soap the cards so that they handle well.