The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: All tied up! :: ~ Sacks for escape ~ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
Dear friends hello.
I know that there are a lot of experienced escapologist and magicians here.
Could you give a review - the differences of these bags from each other. I'm confused in the abundance of versions. Thank you, guys!

~1~Abbotts Spirit Sack-
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Spiri......sack.htm

~2~ Sack Escape - Europe
http://www.abbottmagic.com/Sack-Escape-Europe-P3351.htm

~3~ Enigma Escape - Not found on sale

~4~ BAG ESCAPE - LEAPING LIZARDS
http://www.propdog.co.uk/bag-escape-leaping-lizards-dvd - Does someone have this classic version described in Tarbell?

~5~ Sack-X - Not found on sale

The second question is how do you think Doug used the bag?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhsY-xwY-BQ

Thank YOU!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I would just get a body bag ... they go down so well! Really wig people out!
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

So many different versions.
I think Doug used a special bag.
Although.....
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Bags. They all have advantages and disadvantages. Choose the one that fits your purpose.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

The purpose of the escape from the bag is what Tarbell described.
But I like the fact that Doug was able to expand the method, leaving the subject of the layman in a sack. I'm just starting to collect routine, so it's important for me to know which bags you prefer and use in your act.
I'm just not able to buy all the bags for research.
But the basis of the future routine is what Doug did. Smile
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I love using a body bag. I have a special lie that sells the thought of them being air-tight and a real source of danger. I use it standing and collapse and stop moving at a fixed time. It goes down really well for me. I get the idea of the cloth bags - but like the plastic airtight body bags more.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
The bag in the vid is Sack X. I used one for a while, about 30 years ago. Like most bags, it has advantages and disadvantages. Leaving something tied inside, is the advantage, and it will bear pretty close inspection.

Using it as in the vid, requires assistants. If you work alone, that's not practical.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
I recall a way of accomplishing the escape with ordinary 55galon drum liners and duct tape. Can't talk about in the open though.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Not Sack-X----Read Tarbell----note 2 trained assistants utilized by Doug.