The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Let there be magic! :: Illustrations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
I have an two person pseudo psychic effect, which is nothing special or new. I would like to put it in a professional looking form, as though straight forward it's rather complex in nature. This way I won't forget all the intrinsics and could even let others benefit from this effect.

The problem is, though I found, that I could use Blender, which is a free 3D software to render out some of the setups and props required, I can not do any illustrations. The effect contains 1 or two simple sleights.

So drawing is not my thing and modelling hands is also not my thing.

Photographs wouldn't integrate well with the rest of the images, thus I wonder how do you get your illustrations done for your manuals.

What do I have to expect to pay for such an illustration and where do I find an artist that does that easily.

Tak
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Try fiverr.com There's plenty of talented graphic design artists who will knock this project out in 3 days or less for about $5 to $10 per illustration.

Start at this link below..

https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graphi......-listing
Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
So do you have someone, you have worked with. The quality on fiverr has high volatility according to another thread in this forum?
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
No, I don't sorry. The person I worked with created some t-shirt designs for me about 2 years ago. They are no longer there. My suggestion is 2 narrow your search to 2 designers. Have them both give you 2 samples. 1) According to your specifics and 2) the other option is to give them their creative freedom to produce what they feel is best in terms of an illustration

Its a hit or miss on fiverr for sure Takwah. I developed many computer apps for private use and had to go through 25 programmers to find 1 that really coded fast, had experience and went beyond my expectations. This guy was from Russia, by the way. So keep in mind that location can be a factor in playing the waitiing game for the project to come to fruition. If you have a tight deadline, you are better off paying a little bit more and working with someone locally. Just make sure you write out your scope of work in detail because some of them fiverr people will try to milk you for more money when you want revisions. Be clear from the start in writing on what you expect to receive as deliverables (if you want you illustrations to remain confidential, do draft a non-disclosure agreement). Provide sample .jpg and/or .pdf files if possible of the direction you want such as colors, pov angles, close-ups etc.

Also, keep in mind the price you pay per project has a fee applied by fiverr. For example, if you pay $5 for one illustration, fiverr will automatically tack on a $1 dollar to that plus whatever tip you want to provide after service is performed. Those fees change often so go through the website terms before you place any orders.

Good luck.
Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
Thank you for the information, that fee was new to me.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
Are you still looking for help with illustrations?
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
Takwah
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Takwah
I am still open for suggestions.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
764 Posts

Profile of chappy
PM sent
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com