The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Himber Ring: Where would be the best place to purchase? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ilan
View Profile
Regular user
South Africa
195 Posts

Profile of Ilan
Good day gents and ladies.

What are the different type’s one can get and where would be the best place to buy?

Thanks in advanced.

Ilan
If you can't laugh at yourself, you are obviously not getting the joke
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
676 Posts

Profile of David Burke
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Boomer, Ilan is looking for a Himber Ring.Ask Scott Jenkins, mail@scottjenkins.com He markets Joe Porper's linking finger rings, with matching Ellis wedding band and the AmazRing, none better
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2017, Boomer wrote:
Https://supermagnetman.com/collections/m......ng-rings

Dave

Is there a Himber ring hidden among all those PK rings that I missed? Himber and PK together might have some advantages.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1837 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2017, Poof-Daddy wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 24, 2017, Boomer wrote:
Https://supermagnetman.com/collections/m......ng-rings

Dave

Is there a Himber ring hidden among all those PK rings that I missed? Himber and PK together might have some advantages.

That could be cool - an interesting way to lock.
But I don't see one in there, either, and the URL is for "magnetic-wedding".
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Only a few left, get them while supplies last, real custom jewelry Himber Finger Rings. Not junk imports, the real thing, available in both signet and wedding band styles.

https://magicmethodsonline.com/products/search

The latest routines use 2 identical rings.

Also check out the booklets.

Now or never!!
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1625 Posts

Profile of JNeal
The rings that are mentioned on Magic Methods website were manufactured by Bruce Kalver here in the USA. Bruce is a long standing pro magician with family ties to the jewelry industry. These rings are well made and well gold plated. I think that Stevens Magic Emporium sells a solid gold ring for much more money. Of course, solid gold is unnecessary for this effect to be effective.... but some might want it!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
David Burke
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
676 Posts

Profile of David Burke
DOH, my apologies. I was a little excited that I thought I could provide some useful information.

<goes back under his rock>

Dave
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
To answer a few common questions.

* No they do not come in sizes. Why, because you do not wear them.

* Is a Himber Finger Ring necessary. No the original Al Koran Linking Finger Ring routine used a home made gaff.

* Yes, you need guts to perform this routine. You must lie, cheat, and develop spectator management. If this is against your personal beliefs, then I think you should consider another hobby, because all magic effects require these techniques.

* Can the classic routine be performed close-up? Using the techniques used in the previous paragraphs, no, this is a stand-up stage presentation, but it has been said you can perform it successfully with an audience as small as 30 attendees.

* There are a couple close-up effects mentioned in the books at the website I referenced.

* Is there a video tutorial for the Himber Linking Finger Rings routine? Not to my knowledge, all the routines I have found are printed text in books.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
No they do not come in sizes. Why, because you do not wear them.

This trick has always fooled me. Just recently, I read a detailed explanation. I would NEVER, in a MILLION years, have suspected a Himber! And, yeah. I'd get the Porper. But, that Magic Methods site...either the Signet or the Wedding band, $99. But there is only one left of each. After my correspondence with Pete Biro so many years ago, I am still pro-Porper. Again, you're gonna PAY for his stuff. NO way around it. But...my cheap ass has learned: You Get What You PAY For! And I learned that from the Pros.

There are professional performers that right now, are using Porper, Fitch & Kohler, and John T. Sheets products in their acts. They do not come here. They would RATHER not talk about their tools. From what I have read, pros have made hundreds of thousands of $$$ using the Porper H*mber R*ng. Same with the F/K HoldOut. You won't find useful reviews of those here. In fact, owners would just as soon say, "Nothing here! Move on!" Performing professionally is NOTHING like The Hobby. Las Vegas performers think NOTHING of dropping $2-5 grand on their tools.

Talk to Pete Biro about H*mber R*ngs (coded to discourage Google). He has The Scoop on 'em...
Doug
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
For $5 to Paypal account biro.pete@gmail.com I will send you a PDF that teaches almost everything you need to know about linking finger rings.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2497 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
I'm quite happy with the David Regal magnetic ring
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On Dec 26, 2017, Pete Biro wrote:
For $5 to Paypal account biro.pete@gmail.com I will send you a PDF that teaches almost everything you need to know about linking finger rings.

This is The Deal! Five bucks! I will probably never perform on stage or before a large audience again. But just THE KNOWLEDGE. I will take advantage of this...

Doug
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Done! I have a LOT of Pete Biro info, from Hindu Cups & Balls to the Ring On The Wineglass. I love the subtleties in The Vanishing Bird Cage as well! Thanks Pete! Smile

Doug
nicetodd
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of nicetodd
Hi everyone. Looking for a plain men's wedding band style himber ring. The links here seem to be very outdated and I've had no luck. Any ideas on updated sources? I've tried some of the regular places (including viking) but the rings do no look common/modern at all.
Anders K
View Profile
New user
Denmark
29 Posts

Profile of Anders K
Might be too far away, but Pegani here in Denmark sells some nice Himber rings:
https://www.pegani.dk/da/produkter/benne......ing-guld
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1916 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
David Regal's Linking Finger Ring Project rings are the best I have found.
Magical Moments
View Profile
Special user
854 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I agree that the David Regal set is excellent! Definitely the set to buy IMO. You get more than just a Himber Ring.
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
828 Posts

Profile of David Regal
I have a few of the improved sets left. They are available on my site or you can PM me. Not sure if I'm allowed to include a link here.

Madman13
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Madman13
Quote:
On Sep 30, 2022, David Regal wrote:
I have a few of the improved sets left. They are available on my site or you can PM me. Not sure if I'm allowed to include a link here.

Hi David,
These sold out pretty fast on Penguin. Will you be making another run?