The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Trick Decks DIY (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
891 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
This recently popped up in my Amazon recommendations. Inexpensive Kindle edition.

https://www.amazon.com/Trick-Decks-Playi......6&sr=1-2
r1ch1e
View Profile
New user
New Zealand
9 Posts

Profile of r1ch1e
A brilliant cheap (but thorough) resource for those new to DIY card gimmicks! a few dollars well spent IMHO
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2017, r1ch1e wrote:
A brilliant cheap (but thorough) resource for those new to DIY card gimmicks! a few dollars well spent IMHO

Agree. The tips on setting up the Fiskar cutters for accurately trimming cards are worth the price IMO.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Why, don't you like James P. Riser's free PDF file for making your own playing card cutter?
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2017, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Why, don't you like James P. Riser's free PDF file for making your own playing card cutter?

Didn't know about Riser's until after I had bought the reference mentioned above. In fact, what Mark Frauenfelder describes is the Riser playing card cutter. Mark gave credit to Riser in the booklet.

So I do like the Riser playing card cutter !
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Got my Riser card cutter set up. Constructed a Mene-Tekel deck! I didn't own a Mene-Tekel when I was a teenage magician in the early 1960s -- its fun! Ran through several routines with my wife as spec --- she liked it! She wondered which sleight I was using as she knows I'm working my way through some advanced sleight books at the moment. Cool ! No heat on the deck , lol !