The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricks & Effects :: Haunted Box by Joao Miranda (45 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On May 9, 2021, Magic Dust wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2021, Magic Mark wrote:
There are definitely counterfeit ones out there and some
of the owners have no idea they purchased a counterfeit 😮

Is there any way to distinguish the original and the imitations ❔

I went back to the original thread that Joao started in his product Facebook group. He started it on August 21, 2019. That was just a couple weeks after I saw the counterfeit Haunted Box at Magic Live in the booth of the very same retailer that Joao mentioned in his post.

Joao shared a small photo of the secret area of this counterfeit Haunted Box. I do not feel it is appropriate to share that photo here, but if you have access to Joao’s Facebook group this link will work for you:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/35547072......68643814

I will say this... The USB charging port on the counterfeit box appears to be in the back left corner of the circuit with the opening of the USB port facing the front of the box. That is NOT the location or orientation of the USB charging port on my Haunted Box.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1549 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
Where is the best place to buy RFID tags at a decent price that actually work with the box?
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Hello from Germany.

Yesterday my Haunted Box arrived from a German Magic Shop. But I think this is not the original Box.
Can someone confirm it?
Here are a few pictures of the Box.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/j5wygBT
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Hello?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Puzzlemaker, I have The Haunted Box deluxe, which has different hardware. Yours looks to be the original box based on photos I see on Google Image Search, which is still an outstanding prop. Does it work fine?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Puzzlemaker, I have The Haunted Box deluxe, which has different hardware. Yours looks to be the original box based on photos I see on Google Image Search, which is still an outstanding prop. Does it work fine?

Thanks for your answer! Yes. It works fine. I bought one in 2017 and thought it was a different Design ( of the Electronic). Many thanks for your help!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I can't answer about the electronics. Again, I have a different version. I was just referencing the exterior hardware.

But, if you paid a fair price, and it works fine, let's hope it's an original and lasts awhile!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2024, Puzzlemaker wrote:
Hello from Germany.

Yesterday my Haunted Box arrived from a German Magic Shop. But I think this is not the original Box.
Can someone confirm it?
Here are a few pictures of the Box.
https://postimg.cc/gallery/j5wygBT

I have an original (not Deluxe) Haunted Box and its internal layout is very different than shown in your photo.

FYI, back in 2019, at Magic Live, a vendor was selling a Haunted Box that was counterfeit. Joao Miranda spotted the counterfeit and made mention of it on his Facebook group. I saw that counterfeit box on display in the booth and its internals looked similar to your photo. You'll have to verify with Joao but my suspicion is yours is one of the counterfeits.

Mark
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
Thank you Mark. Two days ago I send Joao Miranda some pics. But in Portugal is Holiday,so I hope I get an auswer on Monday.
Puzzlemaker
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of Puzzlemaker
I get a Mail from the Support from Joao Miranda. It's an original with new Electronic. So thanks again for help!
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2024, Puzzlemaker wrote:
I get a Mail from the Support from Joao Miranda. It's an original with new Electronic. So thanks again for help!

I'm very glad to hear this news! Thanks!

Mark