The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Request for self working effects. (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ViolinKing
View Profile
Veteran user
a loyal user has no more than
307 Posts

Profile of ViolinKing
Hello.

I am interested in putting together a show that can be performed seated at a table, or perhaps standing for parts of the show.

I am not interested in learning sleights anymore. I do not want to spend time mastering card tricks or juggling cups and balls.

I would like to put together a show that allows me to relax and enjoy performing.

So far I have decided to save my money and purchase:
1.) Imagination coins
2.) Will to read.
3.) The old matchbox penetration... it really is a stunning effect.

Also, I like the Wayne Houchin ad copy for "A single needle", as well as the promo video.

I now request any suggestions from Café members for self working effects which do not involve cards and only involve minimal sleight of hand. I don't want to be palming things for half of the show, or doing a coin routine where I have to figure out how to move my hands. That is why imagination coins appeals to me.

I am going to be putting the ring on string from Diamond Jim's DVD "Collateral" in my show. It is nice, it doesn't involve much palming and I could do it drunk... almost.

Any suggestions?
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Paddle tricks?
Rising pencil like effects, such as voodoo/haunted doll?
Mentalism tricks, like the Trick that Fooled Einstein or Dream Lock or Powerball or a Booktest or something with a f**cebag?
The one with the spotty card that you keep turning over?
Glorpy?
Crazy compass?

If you can already do the simple sleights involved with spongeballs, then some sort of spongeball routine or Benson Bowl routine might work well.

Are you sure you don't want any card tricks at all?
ViolinKing
View Profile
Veteran user
a loyal user has no more than
307 Posts

Profile of ViolinKing
TW:

Yes, I am sure I don't want any card tricks.

I want to put together a show that allows me to talk more than think about how to perform each effect. In this way I believe it will be possible to enjoy performing.

I like simple objects such as a matchbox, a few coins, a needle, etc.

(I do one card trick, card through handkerchief. That's about all I want.)

I don't know much about mentalism. What is powerball?
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Powerball is a lottery number divining effect. You should be able to get reviews and demo vids for any of the named effects off the internet.

You might also want to consider things like the Buddha Papers, Ch*nge bags, Number prediction cards, tricks with ESP cards, the growing boomerangs, and tricks for children you can adopt

Good luck!
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
USA
146 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
How about for your intro the CEO Production Briefcase.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/LB1302/CEO-......ase.html

or

Cocktail of Beads by Bazar de Magia.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S12606
robvh
View Profile
Elite user
Calgary, AB
440 Posts

Profile of robvh
This topic is not helping to improve the reputation of millenials.
LOL
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
Quote:
On Feb 11, 2018, robvh wrote:
This topic is not helping to improve the reputation of millenials.
LOL

Right?!

"Hey, I want to create a self-working show, but can someone else do the work for me?"