The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Good News! :: "12 Gospel Tricks with a Rope" by Del Wilson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
760 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I am looking for a copy of "12 Gospel Tricks with a Rope" by Del Wilson
The book costs between $5 and $8. But everywhere wants to charge $13. for shipping. Books are Media Mail and are the cheapest cost at the USPS. Does anyone want to sell their coy?--Rev Bill
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
That is frustrating. Have you tried reaching out to any of the stores you've checked and asked if they would be willing to send media mail?
Jamie Doyle
International President - Fellowship of Christian Magicians
jamiedoylemagic.com
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
760 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
I did send a question/request. No reply as yet.
Specializing in Family Entertainment,Gospel,Comedy and Educational programs for over 30 years.(Order of Merlin)
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2870 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Www.GospelMagic.com has it listed for $8.00, plus their normal shipping/handling costs and taxes (if any), etc.. Sometimes the costs for "shipping" can be 50% of the cost of the booklet being ordered... ugh. Good Luck.
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
760 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Right. That's what I mean. I don't think it is fair but then again life isn't fair.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
Seems like your best and only bet is to wait and order a number of items so you can justify shipping - unfortunately Smile
Jamie Doyle
jamiedoylemagic.com
REV BILL
View Profile
Special user
Glen Burnie Maryland
760 Posts

Profile of REV BILL
Jamie, I was able to get a copy reasonably.
jamiedoyle
View Profile
Special user
Lafayette, IN
619 Posts

Profile of jamiedoyle
That's good news!
Glad to read it.
Jamie Doyle
jamiedoylemagic.com
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1150 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I bought this at my first FCM convention in Winona Lake.
Author of PERFORM, the 2020 Magic Cafe Book of the Year

"I loved this book!" Ken Weber

"4 out of 4 stars!" Nick Lewin

"This will be a classic of magic!" Mark Pocan

performbettershows.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I have a copy of this, and a number of other booklets/books on Gospel Magic..

So I ask you who will be your audience, and what will your venue be, and what type of Gospel magician do you seek to be?

Some of my personal thoughts:

1) most of these effects would not be effective for witnessing to adult audiences
2)(my experience is that you need to be able to witness to adults by talking with them (I've used magic at street rares just to get an adults attention, and then initiate a conversation)
3) Most of the effects you can find elsewhere, but you may like the application/patter
4) They could be useful ror a "children's sermon time - as a one off, not a whole message

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking