The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Found a nice black vest with pockets on Amazon (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3526 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
If you are looking for a simple black vest that is inexpensive and has pockets I found this one on Amazon that I really like:

Kyle Thomas Vest

It's meant for waiters so don't expect anything fancy but for me it is just right. It has two pockets on the outside and four on the inside.

The outside pockets are at the waist. They were sewn shut when I got the vest and I thought they were not real pockets. However when I took it to a seamstress she was able to remove the stitches and it turned out they were real pockets after all. She didn't charge me but I tipped the gal in the back who actually did the work.

The inside pockets are big. Perfect for my rope and a few balloons.

The vest is a full vest so the material for the back is the same as the front of the vest. It was only $25.00.

I ordered an XL and a 2XL. When I tried them on the 2XL was big and the XL fit so I returned the 2XL. Amazon makes returns incredibly easy. I just printed out the bar code and took it to UPS. No cost to me. Amazon credited my account that evening. I guess they credit you when UPS scans the package rather than waiting to actually get it back.

I used the credit to Order a Large size vest as a back up and in hopes that I will lose that 15 lbs my doctor wants me to lose.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Scott Horn
View Profile
Elite user
Dallas, TX
417 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
Nice find! Especially if there are 4 "usable" inside pockets
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Will the outside pocket hold a deck of cards?

-Mary Mowder
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3526 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
Yes. The outside pockets are perfect for a deck of cards. They are a little bigger than a deck so the deck is concealed when in the pocket and slides in and out easily.

The inside pockets are larger. If you look in the right side of the vest you will see basically a pouch that has been divided in two by a vertical seam in the middle. The same on the left.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Peter McMillan
View Profile
Elite user
St. George, Utah
497 Posts

Profile of Peter McMillan
For a host of styles, colors and material in vest selection, I suggest Historic Emporium. I have bought many items from them and found the quality and service outstanding. My three outfits are of the Edwardian Era consisting of matching vests, trousers, spats, high top shoes and straw skimmer from The Emporium. The look is rather like a carnival barker. It allows me to go in several directions as to the type of performance I will give.

Just a bit of info to look at and help out.
Spiritus Dictum Artifacts ~ Tools of the Craft for Serious Workers http://petemcmillan.wixsite.com/sd-artifacts/artifacts
~
www.SantaPeteUtah.com
paulalpha
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis, MN
75 Posts

Profile of paulalpha
That black vest looks great. Price is nice too.