The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Knots and loops :: Breakaway scissors (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1781 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Anyone know of a source for these? I've looked around the web without success. Ideally in the UK?

Thanks!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I bought two pairs. One a locking 'Golden Fun Scissors",and one a break apart Golden.....from Supreme about 40 years ago. They were great. If you see a set on the used market, and, they are in working order, I would snatch them up. Edwin didn't MAKE them, but, someone in England did.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Bazar De Magica made a pair about 15 years ago that you may still be able to find. They were not so much breakaway as they were a falling blade as one blade would drop down. They weren't good for cutting though, just fyi. If you want to know more about them, pm me.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Just finding this thread again and noticed I forgot to add that Bazar also made a full set of four scissors for rope routines. A Falling Blade pair, a Cut No Cut pair, a Broken Blade pair (where the handles will open but the blades do not, and a Blades Away pair (where you can actually disconnect the blades when you hand them to the participant). I have all but the Blades Away pair, and they are really beautiful, real pairs of scissors. The Cut No Cut will actually cut rope too.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1781 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Bump. Still looking!
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1781 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I should add: thank you for these replies which I somehow missed. Sorry! I’ve got a huge stiff pair that I bought from international magic in London and they’re kinda ok but clunky. I’d like something lighter but it may not exist.
Author.
www.rosswelford.com
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
498 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
In 2024 some magic dealers sell this item, I do not know it personally:

Comedy Breakaway Scissors by Martin Schwartz

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S30648

One german dealer wrote in the description (translated):

"You receive two pairs of scissors that can be interchanged. ... The scissors can be prepared again within 1 second."